Group1001 is a consumer-centric, technology-driven family of insurance companies on a mission to deliver outstanding value and operational performance by combining financial strength and stability with deep insurance expertise and a can-do culture. Group1001’s culture emphasizes the importance of collaboration, communication, core business focus, risk management, and striving for outcomes. This goal extends to how we hire and onboard our most valuable assets – our employees.
Clear Spring Property and Casualty is a leading provider of property and casualty insurance. Our future-forward strategy is rooted in deep industry knowledge and a mastery of emerging technologies. Clear Spring Property and Casualty Company is a subsidiary of Delaware Life Insurance Company and its parent company, Group1001. Our relationship with these organizations has yielded an innovative technology platform that provides smarter risk management solutions for property and casualty insurance brokers. Clear Spring is dedicated to Group1001's mission: making insurance more useful, intuitive and accessible for everyone. We’re confident in our forward-thinking products, and that you’ll love partnering with us.
The Claims Assistant will be responsible for handling Medical Only Workers’ Compensation claims. The employee, in this role will be responsible for completing initial claim tasks, securing medical documentation, and documenting file in accordance with the company best practices. The Claims Assistant will work in conjunction with the Claims Manager to come up with strategies for minimizing overall exposure of claims.
• Provide exceptional customer service consistent with the philosophy of Lackawanna Insurance Group.
• Review incoming bills and treatment notes for causality.
• Complete claim tasks in a timely manner and in accordance with company best practices.
• Review and process mail daily and issue payments timely.
• Maintain contact with claimant, insured, and medical provider on medical only files.
• Identify files that need to be transferred to the Claims Consultant when change in status to a “Lost Time” file is apparent. Make transfer in a timely manner.
• Complete any Bureau, regulatory and other documents as appropriate.
• Ensure that assigned files are properly reserved to reflect the ultimate probable exposure.
• Work in tandem with Claims Manager and/or Consultant to provide claims knowledge to policyholders.
• Communicate verbally and in writing with stakeholders in an effective and professional manner.
• Ensure data submitted is accurate, timely, and in compliance with all requirements.
• Other duties as assigned that contribute to the overall productivity, efficiency and quality standards in support of company goals.
• High School Diploma or equivalent. Post-secondary education preferred.
• One-year experience in the insurance industry preferred.
• Medical terminology experience preferred.
• Strong time-management, communication, and PC skills.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office required.
• Proven ability to build strong working relationships.