Corporate Communications Specialist
Group1001 is a consumer-centric, technology-driven family of insurance companies on a mission to deliver outstanding value and operational performance by combining financial strength and stability with deep insurance expertise and a can-do culture. Group1001’s culture emphasizes the importance of collaboration, communication, core business focus, risk management, and striving for outcomes. This goal extends to how we hire and onboard our most valuable assets – our employees.
Group 1001, and its affiliated companies, is strongly committed to providing a supportive work environment where employee differences are valued. Diversity is an essential ingredient in making Group 1001 a welcoming place to work and is fundamental in building a high-performance team. Diversity embodies all the differences that make us unique individuals. All employees share the responsibility for maintaining a workplace culture of dignity, respect, understanding, and appreciation of individual and group differences.
The Corporate Communications Specialist (“Specialist”) works collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders to draft, track, and distribute internal and external content including press releases, social media posts, newsletters, and other materials. In addition, the Specialist will support the Corporate Communication and Sponsorships Department in executing and monitoring communications strategies including event planning relating to sponsorship activities.
- Draft content for use in internal communications, websites, social media sites, press releases, or marketing initiatives.
- Identify opportunities to promote brand through internal and external communications, as well as sponsorship activities.
- Develop and implement policies and procedures for communicating on behalf of the organization that represents, promotes, and supports the corporate brand and mission.
- Support sponsorship activities in executing communication strategies and event planning, including representing the company in a manner that is professional and positively promotes the brand.
- Oversees the workflow and work assignments of the communications team to ensure effective collaboration among stakeholders.
- Organize and track all content through the approval process.
- Coordinate various working groups by sending agendas, taking meeting notes, and distributing action items.
- Monitor team mailboxes and coordinate responses.
- Coordinate with and support other departments in preparing internal communications.
- Support and coordinate communications projects as needed to further company goals and objectives.
- Assist Head of Corporate Communications in identifying learning and development opportunities to improve Corporate Communications strategies.
- 3-5 years of corporate communications, marketing, or other relevant experience.
- Strong written and verbal skills including the ability to write for different audiences and utilize different channels (i.e. social media, websites, internal newsletters).
- Understanding of social media platforms (e.g. LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, etc.).
- Ability to build strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to think strategically and be solution-oriented.
- Ability to use tact and professionalism in all internal and external interactions.
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced environment with multiple competing priorities.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to monitor and manage multiple projects and priorities.
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team.
- Ability to seek new methods and creative strategies to increase internal and external awareness of the corporate brand and mission.