Senior Project Manager & Scrum Master
Group1001 is a consumer-centric, technology-driven family of insurance companies on a mission to deliver outstanding value and operational performance by combining financial strength and stability with deep insurance expertise and a can-do culture. Group1001’s culture emphasizes the importance of collaboration, communication, core business focus, risk management, and striving for outcomes. This goal extends to how we hire and onboard our most valuable assets – our employees.
Group 1001 is a financial service enterprise on a mission to set a new standard in the insurance industry by making insurance more useful and intuitive for everyone. Group 1001’s insurance brands includes Delaware Life, Gainbridge, Clear Spring Health, Clear Spring Insurance and Clear Spring Life. Group 1001’s culture is execution oriented and places a high value on collaboration, a control mindset, and an entrepreneurial spirit. These guiding principles extend to how we hire and onboard our most valuable assets – our employees.
Group 1001 and its companies are strongly committed to providing a supportive work environment where employee differences are valued. Group 1001 believes accountability, corporate responsibility, diversity, inclusion, excellence, innovation, integrity, and leadership are behaviors and characteristics that allow us to achieve a winning culture. Diversity is an essential ingredient in making Group 1001 a welcoming place to work and is fundamental in building a high-performance team. Diversity embodies all the differences that make us unique individuals. All employees share the responsibility for maintaining a workplace culture of dignity, respect, understanding and appreciation of individual and group differences.
Gainbridge, a part of the Group 1001 enterprise, is a self-managed, innovative, digital platform providing its clients with direct access to trusted financial products to smartly grow their savings over time. Gainbridge strives to offer products through its platform that are simple, intuitive, and backed by smart technology with no complexity or hidden fees. Gainbridge empowers clients to take control of the financial future with simple solutions that are accessible to everyone no matter their budget.
We're looking for a Senior Project Manager / Scrum Master who is biased toward action and outcomes and will be working with product management, design, engineering, and other technology stakeholders. You’ve demonstrated delivering projects by building a strong plan and showing ownership. You’re passionate about finding a method to the madness, organizing the timelines, and helping create alignment. You’re opinionated about execution and are relentless about improving the team's velocity.
This role is crucial in executing critical projects by the Gainbridge team and will report to the VP of Product Management
- Manages all aspects of multi-phased tech projects or multiple tech projects, typically involving cross-functional teams like Product Management, Design, Engineering, and others
- Clearly communicates project goals, responsibilities and deliverables, and timelines to Product teams and stakeholders, and ensures strong alignment
- Facilitate daily scrum, sprint planning, sprint demo, and retrospective meetings
- Work with the Product team to update the product backlog and schedule the next Sprint. Facilitate backlog grooming and management by prioritizing user stories, creating acceptance criteria, and driving testing and delivery
- Work with external engineering teams to coordinate requirements, delivery, and acceptance testing
- Coach individuals in Agile best practices. Facilitate discussion, decision-making, and conflict resolution. Continually improve our software development practices.
- Anticipate bottlenecks, make tradeoffs, and balance the business needs versus technical and operational constraints.
- Measure iteration performance, and develop and maintain metrics-based status dashboards that are shared with agile teams, management, and other relevant stakeholders.
- Actively manages risks and potential problems while proactively identifying solutions to mitigate
- Escalates early and often while tracking and removing roadblocks
- 5+ years of project management experience required
- 3+ years of experience with agile methodologies required. Experience with JIRA, Confluence, project tracking, and collaboration tools is required
- A passion for high-quality project deliverables, detail-oriented with a strong focus on hitting the project goals, and a bias toward action are required
- CSM or related Scrum and Agile certifications preferred
- Demonstrated project management experience with a preference for Insurance, Financial Services, and Fintech domain knowledge
- Teamwork skills exemplified by always being ready to jump in to help others as required in a group that operates in a fast-paced “startup” mindset
- Self-motivated, high-energy individual who can easily function in a high-demand, performance-driven environment.
Competitive salary of $125,000 - $150,000, based on experience. 401k match plus medical, dental, vision, life, and disability benefits and a generous vacation package.