Regional Director of Sales - Medicare Sales
Group1001 is a consumer-centric, technology-driven family of insurance companies on a mission to deliver outstanding value and operational performance by combining financial strength and stability with deep insurance expertise and a can-do culture. Group1001’s culture emphasizes the importance of collaboration, communication, core business focus, risk management, and striving for outcomes. This goal extends to how we hire and onboard our most valuable assets – our employees.
Regional Director of Sales
Location - Colorado Territory
Clear Spring Health is part of Group One Thousand One (“Group1001”), a customer-centric insurance group whose mission is to make insurance more useful, intuitive and accessible so that everyone feels empowered to achieve financial security. Clear Spring Health is dedicated to helping seniors protect their health and well-being by providing Medicare Advantage plans in select counties of Colorado, Illinois, North Carolina, and Virginia, plus Georgia and South Carolina. In addition, Clear Spring Health sponsors Medicare Prescription Drug plans in 42 states.
Group 1001, and its affiliated companies, is strongly committed to providing a supportive work environment where employee differences are valued. Diversity is an essential ingredient in making Group 1001 a welcoming place to work and is fundamental in building a high-performance team. Diversity embodies all the differences that make us unique individuals. All employees share the responsibility for maintaining a workplace culture of dignity, respect, understanding and appreciation of individual and group differences.
Accountable for driving and achieving company defined distribution channel sales goals and objectives. Responsible for the execution of Clear Spring Health’s market strategy impacting the recruitment, onboarding, engagement, production, and compliance adherence of our FMO distribution model and its independent agent base within a single state.
- Responsible for meeting established health plan broker sales goal through management of assigned block of agents.
- Prospects for and recruits new agents through collaboration with National and Direct agency relationships or through agent marketing activities targeted direct to the agents.
- Responsible for the recruitment and on-boarding and oversight of the internal sales team within your territory.
- Responsible for sales training, the oversight and mentoring of the internal BC agent to achieve or exceed goal and to manage a territory assigned by the RSD.
- Responsible for business planning and the development of an internal sales team as it relates to the over market strategy, to include market development and strategic relationships with external entities and network partners.
- Channel management to achieve forecasted sales goals and annual projections.
- Assures appropriate market coverage through management of agent recruiting activities.
- Responsible for identifying and developing local preferred agents to support the attainment of health plan goals.
- Responsible for onboarding new agents by supporting their navigation of contracting, certification, and training requirement.
- Provides leadership for all broker training, recertification, and testing through face-to-face, individual, and group meetings and web-based resources. Proactively develops agent activation.
- Strategy should utilize the deployment of various tactics such as face-to-face, telephonic, and written communication methods and information management. Responsible for ongoing individual agent management.
- Responsible for ensuring agent adherence to all CMS and Clear Spring Health guidelines. Monitors compliance with state, federal, and health plan regulatory requirements. Reports all implementations and corrections to health plan management.
- Coordinates response to broker-related complaints. Investigates documents and retrains brokers as necessary. Recommends termination of broker relationship with company as appropriate. Coordinates with the appropriate customer service and health plan resources to support broker activities.
- Verifies and validates broker commission payments. Ensures broker commission payments are submitted for payment. Resolves issues and inquiries related to commissions from health plan and brokers.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 3 years sales and/or broker sales experience required.
- Sales management experience required.
- Travel up to 50% time as needed
- Medicare Certified/Licensed
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to use standard corporate software packages and corporate applications.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS
- Insurance/Medicare is desired
- Insurance/Life and Health Insurance License is desired
- Functional - Marketing/Competitive intelligence/1-3 Years
- Functional - Marketing/Strategy development/4-6 Years
- Functional - Sales & Service/Individual sales/4-6 Years
- Technical - Desktop Tools/Microsoft Outlook/7-10 Years/End User
- Technical - Desktop Tools/Microsoft PowerPoint/4-6 Years/End User