Regional Vice President, External Wholesaler
Group1001 is a consumer-centric, technology-driven family of insurance companies on a mission to deliver outstanding value and operational performance by combining financial strength and stability with deep insurance expertise and a can-do culture. Group1001’s culture emphasizes the importance of collaboration, communication, core business focus, risk management, and striving for outcomes. This goal extends to how we hire and onboard our most valuable assets, employees.
Regional Vice President, External Wholesaler
Territory supporting Texas and Oklahoma
At Delaware Life Insurance Company (Delaware Life), we’re focused on what matters: Creating high-performing products, delivering a seamless experience with honesty and efficiency, and being valued partners to work with. We’ve made it our mission to deliver pure value to our partners and clients. We support our partners with a distilled set of tools and products that empower them to deliver clear value to their clients every time. Delaware Life sells competitive fixed, fixed index and variable annuity products.
Delaware Life, with over $39 billion of assets under management and excellent ratings for financial strength from A.M. Best, is a member of Group One Thousand One (Group1001). Group1001 is on a mission to empower consumers. Our family of companies share a common goal: giving people more control over their money, making it easier for them to do businesses with us, and creating more opportunities for them to see value every day. Group1001 is a consumer-centric, technology-driven family of insurance companies on a mission to deliver outstanding value and operational performance by combining financial strength and stability with deep insurance expertise and a can-do culture. One of the goals for Group1001 is to foster a great culture. Group1001 will continue to build a culture that emphasizes the importance of collaboration, communication, core business focus, risk management, and striving for outcomes. This goal extends to how we hire and onboard our most valuable assets, employees.
Through its distribution agency, Delaware Life Marketing, Delaware Life is changing its distribution model and developing a team of wholesalers to distribute its products and services. Traditional wholesaling has focused on heavy discovery, travel and face-to-face meetings. This new model is a unique forward-looking model, reliant on skilled, experienced and agile wholesalers. We will use technology to generate opportunity and map coverage more efficiently. The nucleus of our unique value proposition is to leverage our Income Planning Institute to deliver solid income planning concepts, resources and tools that assist advisors with building retirement income plans for their clients. While meeting with advisors is a key to success, we believe that advisors’ time is precious and that making the most of their time is critical. Therefore, our philosophy is to build a team of highly skilled, industry knowledgeable wholesalers who are willing to engage in the use of technology to enhance the wholesaler/advisor experience and deliver greater value through focused demonstrations supporting our Income Planning Institute value proposition.
The Regional Vice President, External Wholesaler, is a newly created position with Delaware Life Marketing. This role is designed to help drive sales growth of Delaware Life annuity products and services; drive key strategic sales initiatives and collaborate with the Delaware Life National Sales Consulting team to develop and deliver field plans and activities contributing to sales growth. The role responsibilities also include effective and efficient management of the territory to deliver profitable product sales. Actively engage in the use of data and technology to mine opportunities for focused growth. Build annual plans and review quarterly. This role will report to the National Sales Manager of Delaware Life Marketing and will be responsible for achieving defined sales goals.
- Drive the territory business strategy to maximize revenue growth opportunities.
- Leverage technology weekly to record prospect/client meetings, pipeline opportunities, tasks, demonstrations, and illustrations.
- Build and execute annual sales plans and review plans quarterly.
- Must be willing to learn new technology and use it routinely in the role.
- Work with the Delaware Life Marketing National Sales Consulting team for large advisor meetings and complex sales assistance.
- Collaborate with the Internal Sales Team to assist in driving sales results.
- Work efficiently within our CRM solution to prospect, administer leads generated by campaigns, update customer records, manage a pipeline of opportunities and deliver accurate forecasting for the assigned territory.
- Conduct in-depth sales presentations, including product demonstrations highlighting key benefits through individual and group sessions, seminars, workshops and branch meetings.
- Leverage relationships to conduct small to large meetings using internal resources.
- Learn the Delaware Life Marketing National Sales Consultant value proposition and demonstrate the content as uniquely valuable to the advisor and their clients.
- Deliver and demonstrate using webex technology.
- Build relationships and maintain strong rapport with prospective and existing clients within the client organization and within Delaware Life Marketing.
- Conduct lead development, lead follow up, qualification and targeted account selling in person, on the phone, and with virtual technology.
- Manage expenses in a timely manner and adhere to company policies for advisor and firm sponsorships.
- 10+ years of wholesaling experience with proven variable annuity sales results in the bank and/or independent broker-dealer channels
- Bachelor’s degree required and advanced degrees a plus
- FINRA Series 6 or 7, 63 and Life Insurance licenses required
- Strong relationships with key bank and independent broker-dealer advisors and firms in the defined territory
- Exceptional presentation and communication skills
- Demonstrated success in variable annuity and fixed index annuity sales
- Proven track record of advisor relationship building
- Experience in lead development, lead follow up, qualification and targeted account selling in person, on the phone, and with virtual technology
- Strong organizational skills and effective time management
- Microsoft Office proficiency, Allego technology a plus
- CRM: SalesForce or other CRM proficiency
- Valid Driver’s license
- 50% travel required