Group1001 is a consumer-centric, technology-driven family of insurance companies on a mission to deliver outstanding value and operational performance by combining financial strength and stability with deep insurance expertise and a can-do culture. Group1001’s culture emphasizes the importance of collaboration, communication, core business focus, risk management, and striving for outcomes. This goal extends to how we hire and onboard our most valuable assets – our employees.
Clear Spring Property and Casualty Company
Clear Spring Property and Casualty is a leading provider of property and casualty insurance. Our future-forward strategy is rooted in deep industry knowledge and a mastery of emerging technologies. Clear Spring Property and Casualty Company is a subsidiary of Delaware Life Insurance Company and its parent company, Group1001. Our relationship with these organizations has yielded an innovative technology platform that provides smarter risk management solutions for property and casualty insurance brokers. Clear Spring is dedicated to Group1001's mission: making insurance more useful, intuitive and accessible for everyone. We’re confident in our forward-thinking products, and that you’ll love partnering with us.
The Actuarial Consultant will be primarily responsible for leading and supporting actuarial processes and projects to support the strategic goals of the actuarial department.
- Lead projects and perform analysis to support pricing or reserving practice area
- Independently solve ad hoc business problems
- Develop actuarial pricing or reserving models; identify and suggest improvements to existing models
- Lead meetings and communicate results to actuarial leadership team
- Provide peer review of analysis performed by other team members
- Collaborate with other actuaries, data scientists, and other team members
- Develop knowledge and skill levels of team members
- Pass actuarial exams
· Bachelor’s degree in mathematics, statistics, actuarial science or a related field
· At least five actuarial exams
· At least four years’ experience in an actuarial role
· Workers compensation insurance experience
· Subject matter expertise in property/casualty insurance pricing or reserving