Executive IT Engineer
Group1001 is a consumer-centric, technology-driven family of insurance companies on a mission to deliver outstanding value and operational performance by combining financial strength and stability with deep insurance expertise and a can-do culture. Group1001’s culture emphasizes the importance of collaboration, communication, core business focus, risk management, and striving for outcomes. This goal extends to how we hire and onboard our most valuable assets – our employees.
Axia Technology Partners
Executive IT Engineer
Location: CHICAGO, IL
Axia Technology Partners (AxiaTP) empowers organizations in all industries to achieve operational excellence through managed IT services, unified communications and custom software solutions. AxiaTP was founded in 2008. Now a member of the Group 1001 family of companies, our team is a fast-growing Complete Technology Provider.
Group 1001, and its affiliated companies, is strongly committed to providing a supportive work environment where employee differences are valued. Diversity is an essential ingredient in making Group 1001 a welcoming place to work and is fundamental in building a high-performance team. Diversity embodies all the differences that make us unique individuals. All employees share the responsibility for maintaining a workplace culture of dignity, respect, understanding and appreciation of individual and group differences.
We are seeking an ambitious, expert IT professional for our Executive IT Engineer position to be the technical advisor for our key stakeholder. This role will be responsible for overseeing all IT-related work in multiple locations, including managing local and wide area networks, troubleshooting IT and network problems for resolution, overseeing all systems and assets, and serves as the strategic leader and advisor. The ideal candidate will be available at all times, dependable to get the job done, and take a hands-on approach to their work.
This role requires availability 365 days a year on a 24/7 hour basis (with two weeks paid vacation time per year), but will not work a regularly-scheduled workweek. Successful candidates will have extensive knowledge of computer hardware and software, Microsoft 365, LAN/WAN, and consistently uses their knowledge to keep the stakeholder’s infrastructure on the cutting edge.
This role will is eligible for a performance-based bonus in addition to the base salary.
- Developing expert familiarity with the key stakeholder’s IT environment
- Delivering recurring strategic IT reviews and updates with stakeholder
- Implementing new network solutions and improving the efficiency of current networks
- Managing Microsoft core services technologies: DNS, DHCP, Active Directory, etc.
- Updating network equipment to the latest firmware releases
- Reporting network status to the key stakeholder
- Monitoring performance and ensuring system availability and reliability
- Working within established configuration and change management policies
- Being the point of contact with vendors and other IT personnel
- Installing, upgrading, troubleshooting, and maintaining various hard, software, network, and business systems
- Minimum 10 years of progressive experience in an IT-related role, from help desk, engineering, and director-level work
- 2+ years of experience as a senior leader in the IT field
- Experience with fiber optics and Cat 6 infrastructure
- Proven expertise with network architecture
- Results-oriented with strong process and execution skills
- Ability to work independently to complete task at hand in a timely manner
- Strong interpersonal skills, including telephony skills, communication skills, active listening, and customer care
- Proven ability to manage communication and relationships with senior executive business stakeholders
- Ability to translate operational requirements into specific executable IT plans
- Experience with Windows 7/10, Apple OS/IOS, Microsoft 365, and Microsoft Azure
- Ability to work under pressure in a very demanding environment to meet time sensitive timelines
- Available 24x7x365 for on call/on site work
- Ability to travel within 24 hours of notice to fulfill complete work
- Ability to perform without direct supervision
- Military experience in a United States branch (Special Forces Preferred)
- Bachelor’s degree in IT-related field
- CCNA, CompTIA A+, Network+, or other relevant certifications
- Experience with VoIP systems, Cisco, etc.
- Microsoft Office Expert: Specialist (Office 365)
- Cisco Meraki Solutions Specialist
- MTA: Windows Operating System Fundamentals