Director, Real Estate
Group1001 is a consumer-centric, technology-driven family of insurance companies on a mission to deliver outstanding value and operational performance by combining financial strength and stability with deep insurance expertise and a can-do culture. Group1001’s culture emphasizes the importance of collaboration, communication, core business focus, risk management, and striving for outcomes. This goal extends to how we hire and onboard our most valuable assets – our employees.
RVI Group has a number of insurance products and financing solutions that involve taking exposure to the future value of commercial real estate. The exposure spans all property types (e.g. office, industrial, data centers, retail, restaurant, hotel, and multi-family) across the United States, with limited but growing interest internationally. We have counterparties that are active in the NNN/STNL/CTL space as well as built-to-suit developers/investors.
An individual with significant relevant experience will oversee RVI’s existing commercial real estate portfolio and work closely with the business leader on surveillance, property workouts, client service and new business development. Specific interest and experience in commercial real estate property value forecasting is required.
Job responsibilities include: 1) managing the insured commercial office, industrial and retail real estate portfolio and assisting with valuation, surveillance and claims processing, including the management and disposition of properties obtained through claims; 2) supporting the production of new real estate business; 3) preparing transaction summaries with respect to potential policies for underwriting approval; and 4) researching industry trends and investor/capital market coverage needs. The individual is expected to expand his or her role from supporting surveillance, claims processing, property disposition and production to leading these efforts. This individual must be strategic, business focused, financially savvy and collaborative with excellent attention to detail.
This individual must act with the highest level of integrity and business and personal ethical standards in all aspects of job performance.
- Assist in business development efforts and the production of new real estate business:
- Maintain and further develop relationships with existing clients and new prospects;
- Coordinate the development of underwriting proposals, including pricing, for new business.
- Oversee the residual value exposed commercial office, industrial and retail real estate portfolio:
- Manage insurance policies (tracking insured and loss payee obligations);
- Coordinate efforts with accounting and real estate colleagues;
- Perform regular analysis of the valuation trends impacting the insured office, industrial and retail property developments;
- Develop and track a watchlist that incorporates likelihood and severity of potential insurance claims;
- Assist in reserve setting and P&L forecasting;
- Process real estate insurance claims including: research and analysis of state specific statutes and regulations relating to transfer taxes and foreclosure process; review and negotiation of loan, title and leasing documentation in connection with loan assignments; and disposition of property assets;
- Interview, hire and interact with real estate property managers for REO properties;
- Review and negotiate service contracts.
- Undertake special projects as assigned dependent upon knowledge and experience
- Monitor insurance and commercial real estate industry developments
- Attend and participate in insurance, real estate and finance educational conferences and networking events
Education and Experience:
- 10 years of experience in commercial real estate leasing, lending and acquisitions or related areas of finance which can be used as the foundation to learn about RVI’s insurance products and financing solutions
- Finance / Accounting education preferred, e.g., Bachelor’s Degree in Finance (law degree is a plus)
- Excellent analytical skills and sound judgment, with a business focused approach
- Excellent written and verbal communication with strong presentation skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Solid computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office products
- Familiarity with and working knowledge of CoStar a plus
- Strong work ethic, intellectual capability and drive to achieve
- Excellent relationship building, partnership and collaboration skills
- Well-developed discipline in working efficiently, meeting deadlines and achieving results, both independently and collaboratively
- Strong strategic capability including development and articulation of the rationale for complex business transactions
- Impeccable ethics and integrity
RVI Group offers competitive compensation, an excellent benefits package, a 401(k) Plan, and education assistance. For more information on the Company, please visit our website at www.rvigroup.com. The RVI Group is an equal opportunity employer. Background checks are required.