Assistant Actuarial Analyst
Group1001 is a consumer-centric, technology-driven family of insurance companies on a mission to deliver outstanding value and operational performance by combining financial strength and stability with deep insurance expertise and a can-do culture. Group1001’s culture emphasizes the importance of collaboration, communication, core business focus, risk management, and striving for outcomes. This goal extends to how we hire and onboard our most valuable assets – our employees.
Group1001 is looking for a strong Assistant Actuarial Analyst to join our Actuarial Department at our Zionsville, IN corporate offices. This role is an excellent early career opportunity for an individual looking to begin or continue their career in Actuarial Science and interested in learning from the best and brightest at Group 1001! This position will report to a Director on the Actuarial team.
- Input data and assumptions into and analysis of results from company actuarial models used for various modeling purposes.
- Set up the actuarial models and run them in a production environment.
- Produce model reports and analyze the results in support of management and regulatory needs.
- Work to enhance existing processes to improve the quality and efficiency of information gathering and flow.
- Ensure adequate controls over actuarial processes.
- Perform peer reviews of reports and output.
- Collaborate with individuals throughout the organization, with an emphasis on model efficiency and effectiveness. This is expected to include in-person work in our home office on a hybrid basis.
- Participate in special projects as needed.
- Continue progress towards professional designation through company supported Actuarial Student Program.
- Bachelor’s degree in actuarial science, finance, economics, math, physics, engineering or related field.
- At least one actuarial exam passed.
- 1+ years of professional experience.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Exposure to financial modeling.
- Strong communication skills.
- Strong time and project management skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Proficiency in Excel (including VBA) and exposure to a database tools (Microsoft Access, SQL, etc.).
- Willingness to work slices of unusual hours to expedite work.