Group1001 is a consumer-centric, technology-driven family of insurance companies on a mission to deliver outstanding value and operational performance by combining financial strength and stability with deep insurance expertise and a can-do culture. Group1001’s culture emphasizes the importance of collaboration, communication, core business focus, risk management, and striving for outcomes. This goal extends to how we hire and onboard our most valuable assets – our employees.
Group 1001, and its affiliated companies, is strongly committed to providing a supportive work environment where employee differences are valued. Diversity is an essential ingredient in making Group 1001 a welcoming place to work and is fundamental in building a high-performance team. Diversity embodies all the differences that make us unique individuals. All employees share the responsibility for maintaining a workplace culture of dignity, respect, understanding and appreciation of individual and group differences.
The Report Analyst is responsible for developing, updating and maintaining reports in Power BI and Business Objects universes and reports, including writing requirements, performing required updates and documenting testing results for all updates, and will work closely with business users to analyze and identify requirements for new reports and enhancements to existing reports. The Analyst is a key resource in engaging and supporting current processes, universes and reports for multiple business users and areas, and may also develop the requirements for any database changes that will lead to the design of the data model for reports beyond the capabilities of Business Objects and/or Power BI
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
- Reporting Development – Collaborates with business users to identify report objectives and requirements. Assists in report development and testing for various business users.
- Data Model Requirements - Outlines and develops basic data modeling requirements depending on the requirements and business needs. Obtains approvals for each requirement to ensure data model consistency and integration.
- Business Objects Universe Development – Collaborates with team members and business users on universe implementation/update requirements. Performs requested updates and provides testing results to demonstrate that updates were made as requested.
- Reporting Implementation - Owns the implementation of batch, canned, and reporting universes. Ensures implementation schedules are maintained and/or revised accordingly with communication and approval from business user as well as management team.
- Report and Performance Troubleshooting – Researches user report issues and identifies source of the issue. Communicates and manages issue resolution.
- Data Warehouse Testing - Tests data warehouses enhancements to ensure accuracy and consistency with requirements. Ensures enhancements do not negatively affect data model and universe performance.
- Involved in ensuring corporate data standards and tools into the finance development process.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Management Information Systems, Finance, Statistics, Accounting, Computer Science or similar areas
- 2+ years experience constructing customized reports and dashboards with data reporting tools including Business Objects and PowerBI
- Working knowledge of SQL
- Demonstrated ability to proactively identify, troubleshoot, and solve reporting issues of all types
- Ability to establish positive relationships and work effectively with all departments and affiliates to ensure integration of strategic goals and principles
- Must be able to prioritize, multi-task, and meet agreed deadlines