Digital Customer Support Associate
Group1001 is a consumer-centric, technology-driven family of insurance companies on a mission to deliver outstanding value and operational performance by combining financial strength and stability with deep insurance expertise and a can-do culture. Group1001’s culture emphasizes the importance of collaboration, communication, core business focus, risk management, and striving for outcomes. This goal extends to how we hire and onboard our most valuable assets – our employees.
Gainbridge is an online annuity agency streamlined for the modern age. We believe that, at their core, deferred annuities are a steady, guaranteed way to grow savings. We’ve embarked on a mission to strip away the strings that have given annuities a bad reputation. Gainbridge strives to offer products that are simple, intuitive, and backed by smart technology. No complexity and no hidden fees.
Gainbridge is a member of Group 1001, an insurance holding company with $38 billion in combined managed assets, and a mission to help investors grow and protect their savings.
Group 1001, and its affiliated companies, is strongly committed to providing a supportive work environment where employee differences are valued. Diversity is an essential ingredient in making Group 1001 a welcoming place to work and is fundamental in building a high-performance team. Diversity embodies all the differences that make us unique individuals. All employees share the responsibility for maintaining a workplace culture of dignity, respect, understanding and appreciation of individual and group differences.
We are looking for our next team member to join Gainbridge’s digital customer support team, responsible for providing an effortless customer experience through omnichannel support (phone, email, live chat, and social media). This role emphasizes customer advocacy, first-time final resolution, and proactive solutions. You will help deliver a world-class customer experience by supporting our customer success team day-to-day, owning the customer experience by answering foundational inbound phone calls, emails, and other contacts from customers. Excelling in this role will mean proactively anticipating challenges, identifying, and articulating issues in our systems, and striving for a seamless experience for our clients.
- Handle client inquiries and problems throughout the application process
- Provides a complete and accurate solution to the customers
- Have an in-depth knowledge of our products and systems and be able to discuss all product features with applicants, members, and internal stakeholders
- Assist in managing the customer experiences and maintaining quality of our product
- Through issue diagnosis, minimal transfers, escalations, and call backs by using all available resources and systems to make policy changes, answer policy questions, and provide requested documents.
- Offer customer interactions that are consistent with company policies
- Effectively navigate multiple computer systems while maintaining an engaging customer interaction
- Participate and pass required comprehension and competency testing in technical and customer service skills training to stay aware of current and best practices
- Help create and implement operational processes for new products and workflows
- Exceptional confidentiality to protect the privacy of customers, clients, and the intellectual property of the company
- Bachelor’s degree
- Financial services background preferred
- 1-2 years of experience in customer support
- Current Indiana Life and Health License strongly preferred. Otherwise, the candidate must obtain this license within two months of hire date
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to adapt communication style depending on audience
- Attention to detail - you’re meticulous and curious to understand how things work
- Strong computer skills (MS office)
- Experience with direct-to-consumer customer support platforms (ex. ZenDesk, Slack, Sendsafely, Google Drive, Box, Cisco) would be a plus.
- Social Media Customer Support Experience
- Online Chat, proactive & reactive
- Nimble and able to handle changing tasks / priorities and adapt quickly
- Effective team player, able to help others within a team
- Ability to work full-time, standard office hours within 8am – 5pm (occasional hours outside of standard office hours to collaborate on high-priority support issues that may arise).