Business Process Analyst
Group1001 is a consumer-centric, technology-driven family of insurance companies on a mission to deliver outstanding value and operational performance by combining financial strength and stability with deep insurance expertise and a can-do culture. Group1001’s culture emphasizes the importance of collaboration, communication, core business focus, risk management, and striving for outcomes. This goal extends to how we hire and onboard our most valuable assets – our employees.
At Delaware Life Insurance Company, we’re focused on what matters: creating insurance products that perform, delivering a seamless customer experience with honesty and efficiency, and being great to work with every time. Delaware Life is a member of Group One Thousand One (Group1001), an ecosystem of businesses making insurance more useful, intuitive and accessible for everyone. We’ve made it our mission to deliver pure value to our customers.
Business Process Analyst role is responsible for supporting the annuity business line which includes Delaware Life’s legacy block and new product sales. The Business Process Analyst proactively communicates and collaborates with business units across the organization to support their business priorities and deliver efficiencies. This includes a broad scope of responsibilities including working with our Third-Party Administrator (TPA), supporting new product releases, analyzing regulatory changes, suspense reconciliation, procedure review/writing, production support initiatives and implementation of contract and application updates.
As a member of the Operations Team, this role will partner with other Business Process Analyst’s to drive change and improvements. The position will actively interface with business intermediaries to understand and meet their needs.
- Provide support to business areas, investigating operational related problems/inquiries, and recommending and implementing solutions.
- Partner with business areas to provide guidance, and written FAQ bulletins related to production support fixes, and changes
- Recommend improved controls by identifying problems, writing improved procedures.
- Assists in problem resolution as needed to ensure that internal and external customers receive prompt, efficient service, and promotes service excellence.
- Identify, recommend and implement Guideline updates in response to new forms, regulatory/compliance notices, process changes, or new product/system implementations
- Work with various business units to ensure that solutions are produced in accordance with the business requirements and are effectively validated.
- Identify root causes to issues and assist with review and analysis of policy page and contract build output.
- Contributes to the development of project plans and assigns and monitors tasks.
- Successfully manage competing priorities and navigate within ambiguity.
- BA/BS degree or 3-5 years of equivalent experience required.
- Background in Operations/Financial Services experience, preferred.
- Excellent organizational and project planning skills required.
- Detail oriented, with an analytical approach.
- Ability to think critically.
- Comfortable learning on the job.
- Business analysis and project management skills not required but preferred.
- Strong ability to anticipate and respond to issues and define and resolve issues.
- Strong ability to effectively communicate complex information to differing levels of audience sophistication.
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written.