Group1001 is a consumer-centric, technology-driven family of insurance companies on a mission to deliver outstanding value and operational performance by combining financial strength and stability with deep insurance expertise and a can-do culture. Group1001’s culture emphasizes the importance of collaboration, communication, core business focus, risk management, and striving for outcomes. This goal extends to how we hire and onboard our most valuable assets, employees.
Clear Spring Health
Park Ridge, IL
Clear Spring Health is part of Group One Thousand One (“Group1001”), a customer-centric insurance group whose mission is to make insurance more useful, intuitive and accessible so that everyone feels empowered to achieve financial security. Clear Spring Health is dedicated to helping seniors protect their health and well-being by providing Medicare Advantage plans in select counties of Colorado, Illinois, North Carolina, and Virginia, plus Georgia and South Carolina. In addition, Clear Spring Health sponsors Medicare Prescription Drug plans in 42 states.
The Finance Department is currently seeking a Finance Director for our Park Ridge, IL office. The Finance Director will be primarily responsible for a number of key financial and analytical functions across the organization. The organization has an entrepreneurial, data driven, “hands on” environment with aggressive growth plans. The successful candidate will possess broad based financial and insurance experience.
This role reports to the CFO of the organization.
- Develop financial plans, budgets and projections for all Clear Spring Health entities.
- Coordinate the development and monthly reporting of metrics and KPI’s for the enterprise.
- Analyzing actual performance, trends to develop insights into company performance.
- Help with modeling/design, perform monthly analysis and settlements on capitated provider contracts.
- Lead financial support for annual Medicare product bid development, subsequent bid reviews and audits.
- Develop presentations for management, Board of Directors, regulators and rating agencies.
- Participate in corporate M&A activity, including target evaluation, due diligence, oversight and financial monitoring of acquired organizations.
- Ad hoc projects as assigned.
- 5-7 years progressive financial experience including modeling and projections.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Accounting or related field
- Excellent financial modeling, project management and strategic thinking skills required.
- Strong work ethic and ability to foster working relationships throughout the organization at all levels required.
- Health insurance experience (preferred).
- Experience in fast paced entrepreneurial environments (preferred).
- Advanced experience with Microsoft Excel for financial forecasting, modeling and database reporting tools to assist in preparing analysis.