Group1001 is a consumer-centric, technology-driven family of insurance companies on a mission to deliver outstanding value and operational performance by combining financial strength and stability with deep insurance expertise and a can-do culture. Group1001’s culture emphasizes the importance of collaboration, communication, core business focus, risk management, and striving for outcomes. This goal extends to how we hire and onboard our most valuable assets – our employees.
Clear Spring Health is part of Group One Thousand One (“Group1001”), a customer-centric insurance group whose mission is to make insurance more useful, intuitive and accessible so that everyone feels empowered to achieve financial security. Clear Spring Health is dedicated to helping seniors protect their health and well-being by providing Medicare Advantage plans in select counties of Colorado, Illinois, North Carolina, and Virginia, plus Georgia and South Carolina. In addition, Clear Spring Health sponsors Medicare Prescription Drug plans in 42 states.
The Accounting Associate will be part of Clear Spring’s general accounting team. This position will have responsibilities including, but not limited to, processing a range of general accounts receivable and accounts payable transactions as well as processing insurance transactions such as premium and commission entries. This position offers a unique opportunity to develop niche experience in insurance and regulatory accounting.
- Complete general accounting functions including account reconciliations as needed
- Provide aid in researching problems and resolving discrepancies as required
- Process payments (general vendor, agent commission, regulatory), requiring critical thinking skills to enable accurate general ledger recording
- Review and finalize monthly sales commission statements
- Assist with premium deposits, creating general ledger account entries
- Respond to inquiries from internal and external clients, providing back-up assistance as needed
- Ad hoc analysis as required
- 3+ years of related work experience
- Insurance industry experience preferred
- Experience with Oracle Fusion a plus
- Understanding of basic accounting concepts
- Strong organization skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Intermediate level expertise with Microsoft Office applications, particularly Excel