Associate Director, Investment Reporting
Group1001 is a consumer-centric, technology-driven family of insurance companies on a mission to deliver outstanding value and operational performance by combining financial strength and stability with deep insurance expertise and a can-do culture. Group1001’s culture emphasizes the importance of collaboration, communication, core business focus, risk management, and striving for outcomes. This goal extends to how we hire and onboard our most valuable assets – our employees.
The Associate Director – Investment Reporting completes a variety of detailed investment accounting activities, such as recording, compiling, and summarizing financial information for investment accounting and regulatory reporting, investment earnings reports, trade activity, portfolio earnings and other investment-related general ledger entries. Will assist with the ongoing maintenance of an investment data warehouse and provide assistance for senior staff as needed. This role reports to the Assistant Vice President, Investment Reporting.
- Responsible for the accurate and timely preparation of investment portfolio reports, including STAT and GAAP financial statements, quarterly and annual NAIC filings, core investment earnings reports and ad hoc reports as required by senior management, regulatory departments and rating agencies.
- Works across departments including, but not limited to, middle office, investment valuation, investment front office, actuarial, financial reporting and tax to facilitate the monthly financial statement close process.
- Performs research to determine appropriate accounting and reporting, as necessary.
- Monitors monthly portfolio earnings calculations, investment funds withheld computations, and capital gains and losses.
- Records required investment accounting related entries in the general ledger and maintains IMR and AVR data and reports.
- Prepares and reviews account reconciliations, including asset rollforwards.
- Assists with the development of new reports and ledgers for special investment projects as needed.
- Works with the ongoing maintenance of an investment data warehouse, which will be used to assure the accuracy and timeliness of the reporting of the investment results.
- Assists with the various audits of the company records, working with external auditors, various departments of insurance personnel and internal revenue agents.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent training and experience in Accounting or Finance is preferred
- 5+ years related STAT/GAAP or Investment Accounting and Reporting experience
- Public accounting experience is a plus
- Working knowledge of PAM system is a plus
- Excellent oral, written, listening, and presentation skills and ability to clearly articulate complex information to others
- Ability to work effectively with all departments and affiliates to ensure integration of strategic goals and principles
- Advanced working knowledge of basic office and PC applications, including MS Word and Excel