Software Engineering Internship
Group1001 is a consumer-centric, technology-driven family of insurance companies on a mission to deliver outstanding value and operational performance by combining financial strength and stability with deep insurance expertise and a can-do culture. Group1001’s culture emphasizes the importance of collaboration, communication, core business focus, risk management, and striving for outcomes. This goal extends to how we hire and onboard our most valuable assets – our employees.
At Delaware Life Insurance Company, we’re focused on what matters: creating insurance products that perform, delivering a seamless customer experience with honesty and efficiency, and being great to work with every time. Delaware Life is a member of Group One Thousand One (Group1001), an ecosystem of businesses making insurance more useful, intuitive and accessible for everyone. We’ve made it our mission to deliver pure value to our customers.
Group 1001, and its affiliated companies , is strongly committed to providing a supportive work environment where employee differences are valued. Diversity is an essential ingredient in making Group 1001 a welcoming place to work and is fundamental in building a high-performance team. Diversity embodies all the differences that make us unique individuals. All employees share the responsibility for maintaining a workplace culture of dignity, respect, understanding and appreciation of individual and group differences.
We are seeking students majoring in software engineering or computer science programs. Preferably undergraduates in their senior year or in a graduate program with a strong depth of development knowledge. This is a paid internship with a 3-4-month assignment timeframe. This opportunity will be working with senior leaders in the company to contribute towards the development of an administrative platform in an insurance environment. This is will be an opportunity for students to apply their academic experiences into real-life principles. Our goal is to provide our interns a meaningful experience where they can experience different aspects of software engineering.
- Working closely with leaders to assist with the development of the company’s new Admin platform
- You will gain the opportunity to apply your curriculum knowledge within this role
- Will gain experience deploying applications into Google Cloud, creating GraphQL APIs using Spring Boot
- Will gain experience with Apache Kafka and PostgreSQL
- 4th year college student majoring in Software Engineering or Computer Science
- Demonstrated software engineering experience from prior internship, work experience, coding competition or publications preferred
- Knowledge of applications by using Kotlin (or Java)
- High level of creativity and quick problem-solving capabilities
- Detail oriented with strong focus on code and product quality
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Intellectual curiosity and tenacity – you wonder why things work (or don’t) and want to figure them out