Customer Service Representative
Group1001 is a consumer-centric, technology-driven family of insurance companies on a mission to deliver outstanding value and operational performance by combining financial strength and stability with deep insurance expertise and a can-do culture. Group1001’s culture emphasizes the importance of collaboration, communication, core business focus, risk management, and striving for outcomes. This goal extends to how we hire and onboard our most valuable assets – our employees.
Group One Thousand One (“Group1001”), a consumer-centric, technology-driven family of insurance companies on a mission to deliver outstanding value and operational performance by combining financial strength and stability with deep insurance expertise and a can-do culture. Group1001’s culture emphasizes the importance of collaboration, communication, core business focus, risk management, and striving for outcomes. This goal extends to how we hire and onboard our most valuable assets, employees.
Group1001, and its affiliated companies, is strongly committed to providing a supportive work environment where employee differences are valued. Diversity is an essential ingredient in making Group 1001 a welcoming place to work and is fundamental in building a high-performance team. Diversity embodies all the differences that make us unique individuals. All employees share the responsibility for maintaining a workplace culture of dignity, respect, understanding and appreciation of individual and group differences.
The Customer Service Representative is the point of contact for all Annuity Administration incoming calls and is charged with resolving inquiries from customers, beneficiaries, agents and marketing organizations for pending and existing contracts. The Representative will interpret the call to determine the correct action required and respond accordingly, including distributing forms, preparing annuitization illustrations, documenting fund allocations for fixed indexed contracts, and reporting death claims. The Customer Service Representative is also responsible for ensuring all related activity is fully documented in the administration system and is required to complete additional tasks in between calls when call volume allows.
• Meets and achieves department standards for phone availability/logged in times, quality audits, call handle ratio, and documenting call activity in the administration system.
• Answers incoming telephone inquiries from customers or their representatives; validates the identity of the caller prior to any information being released.
• Strives to resolve each inquiry and knows when to escalate calls to ensure exceptional service for the caller.
• Prepares illustrations for the annuitization of deferred annuity contracts and communicates living benefit payout information for fixed indexed annuities.
• Distributes the appropriate service forms to customers, beneficiaries and agents via mail or fax, with instructions for completing and returning documents for processing.
• Completes tasks such as return mail, 1035 transfer follow ups, and returning voicemails, in addition to completing requests for forms and address changes.
• Participates in special projects that help support Contract Administration, Customer Service or Agency Service units. May work on special project teams that cross department lines.
• Partners closely with internal and external business partners including our Marketing organization and Policy Services team.
• High School diploma or GED
• 1+ years’ experience in life insurance and/or annuities a plus
• 1-+ years’ customer service and/or high-volume call center experience preferred
• Exceptional interpersonal and customer service skills with the ability to diffuse difficult service situations
• Organized, detail oriented, and able to multi-task
• Quick thinking to resolve inquiries and meet customers' needs
• Excellent aptitude for math and understanding of income tax applications
• Must be resourceful and effective in dealing with diverse situations
Proficient computer skills including keyboarding and various software packages such as MS Word and Excel and customer relationship management (CRM) applications