Assistant Actuarial Analyst, Model Production
Group1001 is a consumer-centric, technology-driven family of insurance companies on a mission to deliver outstanding value and operational performance by combining financial strength and stability with deep insurance expertise and a can-do culture. Group1001’s culture emphasizes the importance of collaboration, communication, core business focus, risk management, and striving for outcomes. This goal extends to how we hire and onboard our most valuable assets – our employees.
Group1001 is looking for a recent or soon-to-be college graduate to join us an Assistant Actuarial Analyst in our Actuarial Department.
This position will report to a Director in the Model Production team.
Input and analysis of data into company actuarial models used for various modeling purposes.
- Set up the actuarial models and run them in a production environment for various projections.
- Produce model reports and analyze the results in support of management and regulatory needs.
- Work to enhance existing processes to improve the quality and efficiency of information gathering and flow.
- Ensure adequate controls over the modeling process.
- Perform peer reviews of model reports and output.
- Collaborate with individuals throughout the organization, with an emphasis on model efficiency and effectiveness.
- Participate in special projects as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in actuarial science, finance, economics, math, physics, engineering or related field.
- At least one actuarial exam passed
- Strong analytical skills
- Exposure to financial modeling
- Strong communication skills
- Strong time and project management skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Proficiency in Excel (including VBA) and exposure to a database tools (Microsoft Access, SQL, etc.)
- Willingness to work slices of unusual hours to expedite work