Group1001 is a consumer-centric, technology-driven family of insurance companies on a mission to deliver outstanding value and operational performance by combining financial strength and stability with deep insurance expertise and a can-do culture. Group1001’s culture emphasizes the importance of collaboration, communication, core business focus, risk management, and striving for outcomes. This goal extends to how we hire and onboard our most valuable assets, employees.
Waltham | Indianapolis
At Delaware Life Insurance Company (Delaware Life), we’re focused on what matters: Creating high-performing products, delivering a seamless experience with honesty and efficiency, and being valued partners to work with. We’ve made it our mission to deliver pure value to our partners and clients. We support our partners with a distilled set of tools and products that empower them to deliver clear value to their clients every time. Delaware Life sells competitive fixed, fixed index and variable annuity products.
Delaware Life, with over $39 billion of assets under management and excellent ratings for financial strength from A.M. Best, is a member of Group One Thousand One (Group1001).
Reporting to the Chief Internal Auditor, this position will perform an array of concurrent financial and operational internal audits to evaluate internal controls and make recommendations regarding control deficiencies.
- Participate in the development of internal audit risk assessments, audit programs, and detailed internal audit reports and presentation materials.
- Coordinate with external auditor to optimize reliance while achieving an efficient and economical coordination of effort.
- Assist with the detailed testing of internal controls and ensure adherence with professional audit standards and regulatory requirements.
- Document and evaluate internal controls, propose enhancements to controls and investigates the root cause of internal control weaknesses.
- Assist with monitoring and administration of control documentation and quarterly control certifications.
- Coordinate with Third Party Providers to ensure controls are designed and operating effectively
- Travel 20-25% of the year to vendor locations and/or other office locations.
- 5+ years of internal auditor or relevant experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance or related filed
- Knowledge of audit principles and experience evaluating internal controls.
- Proven ability to prepare audit reports and review work-papers
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and skillful at fostering collaborative relationships across all lines of management.
- Strong decision-making, problem solving and analytical capabilities.
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio
- CPA with public experience is strongly preferred.
- CIA and/or MBA a plus.
- Experience with Model Audit Rule and/or Sarbanes Oxley is preferred.