Director, Product Design
Group1001 is a consumer-centric, technology-driven family of insurance companies on a mission to deliver outstanding value and operational performance by combining financial strength and stability with deep insurance expertise and a can-do culture. Group1001’s culture emphasizes the importance of collaboration, communication, core business focus, risk management, and striving for outcomes. This goal extends to how we hire and onboard our most valuable assets – our employees.
About the Company
Gainbridge, a part of the Group 1001 enterprise, is a self-managed, innovative, digital platform providing its users and businesses with direct access to trusted financial products to smartly grow their savings over time. Gainbridge strives to offer products through its platform that are simple, intuitive, and backed by innovative technology with no complexity or hidden fees. Gainbridge empowers users to take control of the financial future with simple solutions accessible to everyone no matter their budget.
About the Role
We're looking for a Director of Product Design for Gainbridge who has a bias toward inclusivity and collaboration and creates a long-term design strategy working with the product management, engineering, and business stakeholders to continuously grow the product experience for B2C and B2C customers. You’ve demonstrated delivering high-quality B2C and B2B2C experiences through building high-functioning design teams that are inspired by customer insights and data. You’re intrigued by how you can enable our customers’ lives through financial services and insurance products and see an opportunity for a win-win-win relationship for our consumers, customer, and Gainbridge. You’re opinionated about product direction down to the pixels, and words, and are relentless about improving the experience.
You partner well with other experienced design leads including design, research, and content to ensure cohesion across the design organization and help drive internal cultural change to champion our users and business customers.
This role will report to the VP of Product Management.
What You’ll Do
● Drive and lead the design vision for our B2C and B2B2C products (annuities and life)
● Lead teams from complex and ambiguous situations to clarity and focus
● Hire and build a healthy team culture of highly talented designers through ambiguity and change during hypergrowth
● Able to engage internally with stakeholders & execs to enable the team's success
● Work closely with product management and engineering through identifying opportunities to invest in for long-term growth and innovation
● Support with prioritization of short-term to long-term results-oriented work that drives impact through high quality and successful execution across several product areas
● Establish operational rigor for design: using principles, frameworks, and qualitative and quantitative insights to guide your team for the continuous growth of the function and the product
● Foster an inclusive environment to allow teams to thrive
What We Are Looking For
● 10+ years of experience in product design-focused roles, with specific experience in B2C and B2B2C products
● Demonstrated experience in growing a strategic practice of design and hiring strong design teams
● Demonstrated a strong eye for executional craft with an obsession on design details with knowing how to make trade-offs to get into the market to learn
● Demonstrated ability of operational rigor to improve the culture of the team and cross-functional partnerships.
● An established portfolio of you/your team working cross-functionally, thinking strategically across the experience, and shipping successful customer experiences in a fast-paced environment. (Required)
What we value
● A mindset to experiment quickly without sacrificing quality
● Willingness and creativity to solve hard problems
● Collaborative approach and focus on finding the best ideas, wherever they may be
● Diversity in experiences and thinking
What we offer
● Competitive total compensation of $250 - 310K based on experience
● 401k match plus the usual medical, dental, vision, life, and disability benefits
● Generous vacation policy
● A challenging and fulfilling opportunity to join one of the most innovative teams in the
fintech industry and help transform how insurance and annuity products are