Group1001 is a consumer-centric, technology-driven family of insurance companies on a mission to deliver outstanding value and operational performance by combining financial strength and stability with deep insurance expertise and a can-do culture. Group1001’s culture emphasizes the importance of collaboration, communication, core business focus, risk management, and striving for outcomes. This goal extends to how we hire and onboard our most valuable assets – our employees.
The Financial Operations Accountant will be responsible for a variety of detailed accounting and financial reporting activities, including but not limited to, reconciling various system interfaces with the general ledger, analyzing account activity, processing and reviewing tax withholding remittances, and the testing of accounting transactions during new product development or system updates.
The Financial Operations Accountant will work closely with third-party vendors and other departments throughout the organization, including Tax, Policy Administration, Information Technology, and Financial Reporting.
- Reconciles the interfaces between the policy administration systems, data warehouses and the general ledger, including but not limited to new business, in-force policy activity, commissions, and other financial transactions.
- Assists in testing of accounting transactions resulting from new product development or system updates.
- Prepares both standard and non-standard journal entries, as necessary, to meet the monthly closing schedule requirements.
- Analyzes and reconciles general ledger accounts. Research and resolve discrepancies and ensure that all accounts are reported accurately and timely.
- Monitors and clears suspense accounts by working with partners in Policy Administration and Information Technology, as necessary.
- Work with both external third-party vendors and internal partners to process, review and authorize withholding remittances made to applicable taxing authorities.
- Executes internal control processes to ensure accurate financial reporting and compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Assists with special projects, as necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 1-3 years in accounting or finance role.
- Demonstrate effective communication and interaction skills.
- Knowledge of Oracle Fusion General Ledger a plus.
- Knowledge of statutory accounting principles a plus.
- Demonstrate a general understanding of the life insurance industry and organizational relationships of the company, including functions of other departments in the organization.
- Must perform duties under deadline pressure with multi‐tasking capabilities.
- Effective time management and organizational skills.
- Demonstrate ability to develop and implement successful process improvement strategies.