Group1001 is a consumer-centric, technology-driven family of insurance companies on a mission to deliver outstanding value and operational performance by combining financial strength and stability with deep insurance expertise and a can-do culture. Group1001’s culture emphasizes the importance of collaboration, communication, core business focus, risk management, and striving for outcomes. This goal extends to how we hire and onboard our most valuable assets – our employees.
Group1001, and its affiliated companies, is strongly committed to providing a supportive work environment where employee differences are valued. Diversity is an essential ingredient in making Group 1001 a welcoming place to work and is fundamental in building a high-performance team. Diversity embodies all the differences that make us unique individuals. All employees share the responsibility for maintaining a workplace culture of dignity, respect, understanding and appreciation of individual and group differences.
The Database Data Analyst position is a member of the Data Management team reporting to the Vice President, Data Management and Application Analysis. This position will work in a highly collaborative team responsible for the delivery of an integrated data warehouse and data transformation programs. The Analyst will focus on the ongoing design, development and management of a new P&C data warehouse, including ongoing daily support of production process, development, and maintenance of the current data model for the data warehouse, and key support of reporting strategy, data governance standards and data quality. The position is a hands-on role responsible for analyzing and understanding business needs to translate needs into developed requirements and approach, and facilitate the implementation of the solution, with a key focus on continued development and improvement of the data model as well as and testing and support.
- Involvement in the design and ongoing support of the data model for specific data subjects, analyzing the data, development of the requirements, including the initial technical design and working with developers through implementation. Must maintain focus on designing solutions that balance system flexibility, accuracy, and fast processing time.
- Coordinates the technical development with IT for all database applications, including data transformation programs, data warehouse, and operational data stores, and delivering solutions on time and within budget.
- Coordinates with technical and non-technical resources, both external and internal, to standardize data feed delivery format and schedules.
- Design reporting solutions including ad-hoc reporting, scheduled reporting, and self-service.
- Implements data quality rules to ensure that all data sources are consistent and accurate.
- Leads testing of all database applications, data warehouse, and data transformation programs.
- Manages the development and implementation of the data governance capabilities into the database solutions and coordinates efforts with Data Governance team.
- Develops detailed prototypes to help flush out requirements and provide the end-users improvements in their process.
- Works directly with business users and IT to assist in support of the systems and solutions. Balances the timely support of the production environment with the longer-term delivery of ongoing maintenance and enhancements.
- Bachelor’s degree in Math, Computer Science, Finance, or Accounting/Investment Accounting or experience commensurate with degree preferred.
- Preference for advanced degree in mathematics, statistics, computer science or a related field or someone with exams with the Casualty Actuarial Society.
- Working knowledge database development and modeling (SQL Server or Oracle)
- Proficient with SQL.
- Experience with VB, Java, R, and/or C Sharp preferred
- Experience working the Power BI
- 3+ years of data analyst / data management experience, preferably in the Property and Casualty insurance industry.
- Experience managing multiple and complex projects
- Demonstrated ability to proactively identify and solve problems and issues of all types
- Ability to establish positive relationships and work effectively with all departments and affiliates to ensure integration of strategic goals and principles