As part of the Enterprise Data team, the Data Scientist will support the development of next-generation data platforms by employing data analytics and various data science capabilities (i.e. machine learning). Incumbents will be part of an innovative and energetic team that develops capabilities which will influence our business model and help our customer build a next-generation data platform. The Data Scientist will have access to the vast amount of data stored in heterogeneous formats, is supposed to handle complex problems independently, and should demonstrate analytical thinking. Data Scientist should be able to make judgments and recommendations based on the analysis and interpretation of data.
Min requirements to the candidate
● 3+ years of relevant working experience in a quantitative role performing statistical modeling and analysis. (We are open to mid-level to senior candidates for this role. We’re looking for the right person first and we’ll decide the right internal leveling after.)
● Strong statistical knowledge and intuition - ideally utilized in experimentation, predictive modeling, forecasting or other analytics settings
● Experience in building real-world machine learning models with demonstrated business impact
● Strong SQL and quantitative programming skills in Python or R
● Comfort working independently to take ambiguous problems and solve them down in a structured, hypothesis-driven, data-supported way
● Excitement about influencing product strategies in a fast-paced, cross-functional environment
● Ability to communicate technical and statistical concepts clearly and concisely among audiences at many different levels.
Nice to have requirements to the candidate
● Plus: Advanced degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Physics, Economics or related quantitative field
● Plus: Experience productionizing real-time machine learning models
● Plus: Experience running online controlled experiments at scale
Grid Dynamics is a leading provider of technology consulting, agile co-creation, scalable engineering, and data science services for Fortune 500 corporations undergoing digital transformation.
We work in close collaboration with our clients on digital transformation initiatives that span strategy consulting, early prototypes, and enterprise-scale delivery of new digital platforms. We help organizations become more agile and create innovative digital products and experiences using deep expertise in emerging technology, top global engineering talent, lean software development practices, and high-performance product culture.
Headquartered in Silicon Valley with over 1,800 technologists located in engineering delivery centers throughout the US, Central, and Eastern Europe, Grid Dynamics has architected and delivered some of the most extensive digital transformation programs in the retail, technology and financial sectors to help its clients win market share, shorten time to market and reduce costs of digital operations on a massive scale.
To learn more about Grid Dynamics, visit www.griddynamics.com, or follow us on Twitter @GridDynamics.