Big Data Engineer (Retailer)
Data Engineering is responsible for designing and building the data platform we need to store, move, manage and analyze data, partnering with cross-functional teams on architecture & best practices.
This particular position is for Marketing & Customer data space where the focus is on working with data layer rather than data pipelines.
About the clientAmerican Eagle Outfitters, Inc. (AEO) is a leading global specialty retailer offering high-quality, on-trend clothing, accessories and personal care products under its American Eagle® and Aerie® brands.The company operates more than 1,000 stores in the United States, Canada, Mexico, and Hong Kong, and ships to 81 countries worldwide through its websites.
Our team in the AEO account has over 150 engineers with specializations such as Data Engineers, Mobile Developers, DevOps, Quality Assurance Engineers, Site Reliability Engineering, etc.
- BigQuery and/or SQL
- Cloud experience (ideally GCP)
- Experience working with wide ETL
- Dataflow (Apache Beam)
- Composer (Airflow (ability to work with operators and xcom))
- Min requirements
- Any cloud (GCP preferred) database experience working hands-on with data
- E-commerce experience
- Hands-on in customer and marketing data
- Opportunity to work on bleeding-edge projects
- Work with a highly motivated and dedicated team
- Competitive salary
- Flexible schedule
- Benefits program
- Social package — medical insurance and etc
- Corporate social events
- Professional development opportunities
- Opportunity for long business trips to the US and possibility for relocation
Grid Dynamics is the engineering services company known for transformative, mission-critical cloud solutions for retail, finance and technology sectors. We architected some of the busiest e-commerce services on the Internet and have never had an outage during the peak season. Founded in 2006 and headquartered in San Ramon, California with offices throughout the US and Eastern Europe, we focus on big data analytics, scalable omnichannel services, DevOps, and cloud enablement.