Backend Engineer for Exabeam (Data Platform team)
Grid Dynamics is looking for 2 new teammates – a Senior Backend Developer for Exabeam to join the Data Platform team in Poland (office or remote).
You will be a part of an Exabeam, a global cybersecurity leader, that utilises Big Data and machine learning to detect advanced security threats. This is a SaaS, multi-tenant, microservices-based, Cloud Native solution that will ingest and process in real-time petabytes of data. As part of the Data Platform team, you will have the opportunity to design and implement solutions in various areas including data collection and ingestion, data pipeline, data processing, reporting, storing, etc. You will also have the opportunity to be responsible for some of our microservices, contribute to all aspects of product definition and system architecture.
The project’s stack includes Scala/Java (also, Golang, Python, JS), GCS, Microservices, Kubernetes/Docker, DataDog/Prometheus, Grafana, Fluentd, Jaeger, Active MQ/Kafka/RabbitMQ, NUTS/Pulsar, ELK/Spark, MongoDB/Redis, Postgres, TimeScaleDB.
- You are an enthusiastic software engineer who is passionate about large-scale systems.
- You care about producing clean, elegant, maintainable, robust, well-tested code.
- You enjoy collaborating with others to come up collectively with the best possible solution.
- You have experience with performance, scalability, and reliability issues of large 24×7 systems.
- You are ready to demonstrate proactiveness, responsibility, readiness to speak up when there’s a problem and give a hand to team members when needed.
- Deep Java expertise
- Experience building distributed systems with high performance, scalability, and reliability requirements
- Understanding of design tradeoffs related to SLAs, resilience, high availability, disaster recovery, cost, etc.
- Experience with a distributed data processing system and data pipeline, including but not limited to ELK/Spark
- Previous work with messaging system (Active MQ, Kafka, GC Pub/Sub, RabbitMQ)
- Experience with cloud-native technologies and using cloud services (GCP, or, as alternative, AWS and Azure)
- Experience in Docker deployments
- Familiarity with microservice and related frameworks (Play, Spring boots, RESTful)
- NoSQL (MongoDB, Redis)
- Version Control Systems experience (Git preferred)
- Understanding of full lifecycle support (design, development, deployment, retirement)
- Proactiveness, responsibility, readiness to speak up when there’s a problem and give a hand to team members when needed
- B.S. in Computer Science or related disciplines
Will be a plus
- Experience with Scala
- At least basic knowledge of BigQuery
- Experience in common monitoring/metric software (DataDog, Prometheus)
- Hands-on in writing unit-tests
- Knowledge of CI/CD and experience with Jenkins Pipelines
- Experience in management of multiple 100+ nodes sized clusters (on-prem, SaaS)
- Understanding of TCP/IP and load balancing
- Direct cooperation with the customer
- Dedicated HR / Client Manager
- Competitive salary
- English classes / Grid University courses
- Regular corporate events, team buildings, etc.
Grid Dynamics is an engineering services company known for transformative, mission-critical cloud solutions for the retail, finance, and technology sectors. We have architected some of the busiest e-commerce services on the Internet, and have never had an outage during the peak season. Founded in 2006 and headquartered in San Ramon, California with offices throughout the US and Eastern Europe, we focus on big data analytics, scalable omnichannel services, DevOps, and cloud enablement.