Enterprise/Solution Architect - Pre-Sales
Grid Dynamics is looking for a Pre-Sales Solution Architect to work with large retail brands and other domains. You will work across accounts providing architectural direction, assisting tech leads in solving high-level architecture issues and being involved in advising clients, shaping, and estimating new work within existing accounts.
This is a UK-based role and we'll consider candidates who are authorized to work in the UK.
- Partner with the sales team to build trust, legitimacy, and authority with client technical and business leadership
- Help client leadership mature their strategic aims into roadmaps and solution architectures.
- Enthused client leadership with outlooks and perspectives on strategic opportunities that drive their business but may challenge budgetary envelopes.
- Map client strategic needs to our technical services and expertise areas
- Provide solutions over the entire client technical and organizational landscape, leveraging company and industry resources when covering new ground.
- Define engagement approaches that include multi-team, multi-geography, and multi-year engagements, with technology and business rollout plans that form the basis of commercial proposals.
- Work in an influence & leadership capacity with mixed practice proposal teams, drawing in expertise within our organization to form and deliver compelling commercial proposals for our services to prospective clients.
- Work with technical teams to crystallize high-level architectures into technical solutions to hand off to delivery teams
- Consider both technical and technical services solutions, ranging from project /programme delivery to scalable, distributed engineering partnerships.
- Be comfortable in a number of business verticals, including retail and manufacturing
- Provide thought leadership on emerging technologies and approaches that activate interest in target industries & domains and solidify your position as a source of unique industry & domain perspective to our clients and prospects.
- Communicate with clients in a sophisticated manner with abilities to deliver with gravitas but also handle customer objections and concerns in a constructive manner.
- Experience with one or more of the major cloud providers (AWS, Google, Azure)
- Experience with one or more technology domains, such as mobile, storage, networking, etc.
- 5 + years of Solutions Architecture experience (or equivalent enterprise architecture experience)
- Demonstrated success quickly understanding business capabilities and aligning capabilities to solutions
- Proven track record of designing scalable solutions at the enterprise level
- Strong communications skills (e.g. active listening, requirements elicitation, oral, written, presentation, group facilitation, consensus building)
- Experience facilitating cross-functional teams to consensus on common solutions
- Strong documentation skills (especially in support of enterprise standards and processes)
- Experience estimating solution resourcing and timelines
- Experience white-boarding solutions and options in client-facing situations
Grid Dynamics is a leading provider of technology consulting, agile co-creation, and scalable engineering and data science services for Fortune 500 corporations undergoing digital transformation.
We collaborate closely with our clients on digital transformation initiatives that span strategy consulting, early prototypes, and enterprise-scale delivery of new digital platforms. We help organizations become more agile and create innovative digital products and experiences using deep expertise in emerging technology, top global engineering talent, lean software development practices, and high-performance product culture.