Senior Backend Developer - Remote
This is an opportunity to join our Cloud Platform engineering team working with a medical device company. The team is working on digitizing all company workflows with a modern cloud platform (Java/AWS/Docker/K8S). We’ll focus on the service that delivers ingests and processing clinical photos for doctors and treatment planning needs.
- Develop and maintain Java API microservices for our Cloud Platform
- Work with the modern cloud industry technologies
- Help draft software requirements, high level technical architecture and system design
- Ensure best development practices applied and followed in personal and group tasks
- Participate in team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals
- 8+ years writing Java web applications
- Experience in building web applications is a must, good knowledge of HTTP protocol and understanding of RESTful is preferred
- Experience with Spring/Spring Boot
- Experience with AWS Cloud and related services
- Knowledge and experience with multi-tier application architectures
- Commitment to deployment automation and DevOps philosophy
- Ability to take initiative solving problems and resolving disputes
- Good written/verbal communication skills
- Understand software, networks, databases, messaging well enough to do feasibility and estimating
Will be a plus:
- Experience in Python/ Kotlin
- Experience with Docker, PostgreSQL, no-sql databases
- Experience with Rancher, Kubernetes
- Experience with antlr4 and related tools
- Experience operating in an FDA regulated environment
- A BS degree in Computer Science or Mathematics and 4 or more years of relevant industry experience are considered the minimum requirements for this position
- We offer:
- Opportunity to work on bleeding-edge projects
- Work with a highly motivated and dedicated team
- Very competitive salary
- Flexible schedule
- Medical insurance
- Benefits program
- Corporate social events
- Professional development opportunities
NB: Placement and Staffing Agencies need not apply. We do not work with C2C at this time. At this moment, we are not able to process H1B transfers. Applicants with CPT and OPT visas are welcome to apply.
Grid Dynamics is the engineering services company known for transformative, mission-critical cloud solutions for retail, finance and technology sectors.
We architected some of the busiest e-commerce services on the Internet and have never had an outage during the peak season.
Founded in 2006 and headquartered in San Ramon, California with offices throughout the US and Eastern Europe, we focus on big data analytics, omnichannel services, DevOps, and cloud enablement.