Solution Architect/Principal Engineer
Grid Dynamics is looking for a Solution Architect/Principal Engineer with a specialization in distributed systems to work on complex technology programs. Solution Architect leads the implementation of new business applications or migration of clients from legacy out-of-the-box systems provided by vendors like IBM, Oracle, or Microsoft to applications based on an open-source technology stack. A solution architect works with all levels of client personnel from C*-level executives to individual engineers. Internally, a solution architect guides the Grid Dynamics delivery team and ensures compliance of the implementation with the architecture. While spending the most time with a client, the architect also participates in internal Grid Dynamics activities. These activities include training, knowledge sharing, technology pre-sales, creation of blueprints and case studies, and participation in outbound thought leadership activities, like writing blogs and attending conferences.
- Understand business domain and business use cases.
- Investigate and analyze current systems functionality and non-functional requirements.
- Customer-facing, pre-sales.
- Create long-term service-oriented or microservices cloud friendly architecture based on open source technology stack.
- Plan phases of client journey towards the final architecture state.
- Lead the engineering team through the implementation.
- Provide technical governance and sign off on engineering team deliverables.
To be successful in the role, a solution architect needs to be highly motivated in achieving high business value with technology. Besides technical skills, the candidate should:
- Enjoy analyzing and solving problems.
- Be ready to take responsibility and delivery on the promise.
- Don’t shy away from speaking and engaging with people in all roles.
- Be able to communicate ideas in a clear and engaging way.
- Be resourceful and creative in solving problems.
- Understand tactics and strategy in decision-making.
- Be able to explain complex concepts in understandable terms.
- The candidate should have a background and education in computer science, math, or physics.
From a technology perspective, we require 5+ years of experience in software development as an architect, tech lead, or developer. The candidate should be able to demonstrate experience with:
- Service-oriented or microservices architecture.
- Distributed application design principles.
- JVM platform and Java language family.
- Open-source NoSQL technologies, such as Cassandra, MongoDB, Solr, and ElasticSearch.
- In-Memory Data Grids and Caches such as Redis, Hazelcast, and Apache Ignite
- Microservices platform stack including Netflix OSS / Spring Cloud, Consul, etc.
- Cloud infrastructure
- Functional and performance test automation.
- CICD process and infrastructure, ideally in the context of multi-service applications.
Preferred qualifications include:
- Experience working with AWS
- Understanding of machine learning concepts and knowledge of common frameworks.
- Base knowledge of order, inventory, and supply chain management.
If you are not a seasoned expert in all of the above but have the motivation to grow and have relevant background, don’t hesitate to apply. We provide training programs for good candidates.
What We Offer:
- Opportunity to work on bleeding-edge projects
- Work with industry experts
- Work with a highly motivated and dedicated team
- Competitive salary
- Flexible schedule
- Medical insurance
- Benefits program
- Social package - medical insurance, sports
- Corporate social events
- Professional development opportunities
Grid Dynamics is an engineering services company known for transformative, mission-critical cloud solutions for the retail, finance, and technology sectors. We architected some of the busiest e-commerce services on the Internet and have never had an outage during the peak season. Founded in 2006 and headquartered in San Ramon, California with offices throughout the US and Eastern Europe, we focus on big data analytics, scalable omnichannel services, DevOps, and cloud enablement.