Big Data Engineer
We are actively looking for a Big Data Engineer with excellent technical expertise, who is interested in joining our growing project. This is an excellent opportunity to play a role as a key contributor in creating the next generation of network-centric distributed and scalable architectures.
- Support development and deployment of the customer products and services across multiple cloud environments
- Gather, store and maintain big data sets for all digital marketing channels.
- Collaborate with a cross-functional team of client leads, application developers, operations engineers and architects to translate complex product requirements into technical specs and design requirements
- Maintain a high degree of knowledge in cloud data architecture and ETL best practices especially across Google Cloud Platform products and services2
- Develop and deploy automated scripts in BigQuery and other Google cloud services to be used by other teams to increase productivity
- Facilitate architectural discussions and initiatives to ensure cloud-based products are optimally deployed with maximum availability of design features
- Formulate and execute robust UAT protocols to identify and address latent errors in product functions
- Design, build and deploy ETL and data management processes with reliable error/exception handling and rollback framework
- Provide production support for data load jobs and develop a customized query to generate automatic periodic reports
- Build applications writing SQL/Python scripts to manipulate data and/or writing specific instructions for off-shore programmers to write the scripts
- Strong skills in SQL/Java and proven experience working with at least one of the major databases platforms required
- 2-3 years of experience with the following GCP or equivalent cloud services: Cloud Storage, Google Kubernetes Engine, DataProc, Dataflow, CloudSQL, BigQuery
- Apache Airflow
Nice to have
- GCP Data Engineer cloud certification or equivalent preferred Python
What we offer:
- Opportunity to work on bleeding-edge projects
- Work with a highly motivated and dedicated team
- Competitive salary
- Flexible schedule
- Benefits package - medical insurance, sports
- Corporate social events
- Professional development opportunities
- Well-equipped office
Grid Dynamics is a leading provider of technology consulting, agile co-creation, scalable engineering and data science services for Fortune 500 corporations undergoing digital transformation.
We work in close collaboration with our clients on digital transformation initiatives that span strategy consulting, early prototypes and enterprise-scale delivery of new digital platforms. We help organizations become more agile and create innovative digital products and experiences using deep expertise in emerging technology, top global engineering talent, lean software development practices, and high-performance product culture.
To learn more about Grid Dynamics, visit www.griddynamics.com, or follow us on Twitter @GridDynamics.