We are seeking a strong DevOps Engineer with good technical expertise, to be responsible for the quality of a highly scalable and distributed platform.
You will be responsible for managing Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) pipelines, and directly support the development and content teams that are creating and publishing content to the most trafficked websites.
In addition to a strong technical background, the ideal candidate must possess outstanding interpersonal skills. The position requires excellence in communication, both written and verbal, including the ability to work well with stakeholders from a wide range of backgrounds with varying levels of technical knowledge.
- 10+ years of experience in software development and technology consulting
- Education in Computer Science or similar theoretical knowledge in CS: algorithms and complexity estimation, data structures, operating systems, programming languages, math
- Experience with cloud environments and tooling (GCP and/or AWS)
- Proficient in Python (GoLang & Ruby a plus) and Bash scripting
- Hands-on experience with DevOps automation tools such as Puppet, Terraform
- Experience with time series databases such InfluxDB (this is not a requirement but a nice to have)
- Experience with centralized VCS such as Subversion with appliance to monorepos
- Experience with monorepo tools like Bazel
- Excellent communication skills and ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams
- Experience in microservice architecture
- Understanding of development principles for Clouds
- Understanding of distributed architectures and scalability principles is a must
- Hands-on experience with APIs built upon Protocol Buffers data format
- Knowledge of Linux/Unix-based operating systems (bash/ssh/ps/grep etc.)
- Understanding of SDLC and agile methodologies in particular
- Desire and ability to quickly learn new tools and technologies
- Ability to proactively identify and solve engineering problems
- Good interpersonal communication skills, both verbal and written.
What we offer:
- Opportunity to work on bleeding-edge projects.
- Work with a highly motivated and dedicated team
- Competitive salary
- Flexible schedule
- Benefits package - medical insurance
- Corporate social events
- Professional development opportunities