Cloud-native/API-led software engineer for Tacit Knowledge
Grid Dynamics is looking for a Cloud-native/API-led software engineer to join Tacit Knowledge team in Kharkiv, Kyiv, Dnipro, Odesa, Lviv or remotely.
In just 6 years, In The Style has grown to be one of Manchester’s biggest fashion brands, offering trend-led styles at affordable prices.
Existing e-commerce stack revolves around Magento. Customer has outgrown the platform both from a volume and an extensibility point of view. In order to support future growth, the mission is to build out a new commerce platform on MACH technologies to create a technical platform that can scale with the 50% year on year growth planned for the business.
Initial project phasing is to build out PIM and later phases will see Search, Basket / Checkout and CMS rolled out. Client is building Storefront out in parallel with PIM. Existing platform already uses AWS and this will be the cloud provider moving forward.
- Work on modern cloud native API first architecture
- Get the possibility to learn MACH based composable e-commerce application development
- Get the opportunity to extensively work with best breed technologies around commerce, cms and search
- Work in a transparent and friendly engineering team
- Work on other modern software development approaches like mono repo, serverless, etc
- Proficient in Typescript
- Demonstrable experience in developing API First / Headless applications ( or microservice-based architectures)
- Experience developing using event driven architecture
- Demonstrable experience with CloudNative services. AWS specific experience is a plus.
- Understanding CI/CD in a microservice environment (mono repo, AWS CDK, AWS code pipeline, AWS code build etc)
- Experience with a commerce platform (commerce tools experience is a plus)
- Deep knowledge of best practices in developing for the web
Details on the stack:
- The three key best of breed technologies which will form the crux of the overall solution are commercetools (to power commerce capabilities), Amplience (or similar CMS to facilitate the content management capabilities) and Algolia/constructor.io (or similar search provider to power the search capabilities)
- AWS is the chosen infrastructure for any custom solution hosting (e.g storefronts, extensions to commercetool and Amplience etc,) and deploying microservices
- The main AWS capabilities which will be used are lambdas, SQS/SNS/Event Bridge, S3 Bucket, Step Functions , cloud watch etc
- The code base will be built and maintained as a Mono Repo and Rush will be used as the mono repo management tool
- Work on an event driven architecture and using cloud native tools building extensive business capabilities
- Work on extending commerce tools data models and business logic in an API first cloud native way
- Write unit tests and integrations tests (mainly written in Jest)
- Write business critical performant application logic
- Direct cooperation with the customer
- Dedicated HR / Client Manager
- Competitive salary, medical insurance, 20 working vacation days
- English classes / Grid University courses
- Regular corporate events, team buildings, etc
Grid Dynamics is an engineering services company known for transformative, mission-critical cloud solutions for the retail, finance, and technology sectors. We have architected some of the busiest e-commerce services on the Internet, and have never had an outage during the peak season. Founded in 2006 and headquartered in San Ramon, California with offices throughout the US and Eastern Europe, we focus on big data analytics, scalable omni-channel services, DevOps, and cloud enablement.