Senior Data Scientist
As part of the Enterprise Data team, the Data Scientist will support the development of next-generation data platforms by employing data analytics and various data science capabilities (i.e. machine learning). Incumbents will be part of an innovative and energetic team that develops capabilities which will influence our business model and help our customer build a next-generation data platform. The Data Scientist will have access to the vast amount of data stored in heterogeneous formats, is supposed to handle complex problems independently, and should demonstrate analytical thinking. Data Scientist should be able to make judgments and recommendations based on the analysis and interpretation of data.
- Plan R&D process to fit sprint goals as well as the project milestones.
- Design a new solution architecture for customers clusterization, NLP and prediction analysis.
- Drive the collection, cleaning, processing and analysis of new and existing data sources.
- Communicate with business stakeholders to clarify their requirements and present the teamwork results
- Seasoned data scientist with 5+ years of experience
- Good knowledge of the probability theory and statistics
- Understanding of Bayesian methods, MCMC
- Hands-on experience with probabilistic programming (Pyro, PyMC3, JAGS, or similar)
- Experience with at least one cloud provider solution (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Experience with modeling of complex processes using Monte Carlo simulations
- Experience with time series analysis using traditional (e.g. ARIMA) and deep learning (e.g. LSTM) methods
- Experience with basic ML/data science libs and tools (python, scikit, NumPy, pandas, seaborn, Jupiter, etc)
- Experience with deep learning libraries (Keras, PyTorch, TensorFlow)
- Hands-on experience with data preparation, cleansing, feature engineering, and visualization
- Good communication skills and interpersonal skills.
- Experience in working across different global cultures a plus.
- Ph.D. in Mathematics will be a plus.
- Opportunity to work on bleeding-edge projects
- Work with a highly motivated and dedicated team
- Flexible schedule
- Medical insurance
- Benefits program
- Corporate social events
- Professional development opportunities
Grid Dynamics is the engineering services company known for transformative, mission-critical cloud solutions for retail, finance and technology sectors. We architected some of the busiest e-commerce services on the Internet and have never had an outage during the peak season. Founded in 2006 and headquartered in San Ramon, California with offices throughout the US and Eastern Europe, we focus on big data analytics, scalable omnichannel services, DevOps, and cloud enablement.