Senior DB Engineer
Grid Dynamics is partnered with one of the largest financial companies on the East Coast of the US in solving challenges that affect their entire development organization of 100+people, such as building enterprise web services with millisecond response times and improving development processes by introducing Agile, test automation, TDD and CI/CD processes. We are an international team of 50+ engineers who work in St. Petersburg, Saratov, Krakow, and Florida, the US to deliver excellent software and services.
Your task will be challenging and interesting: to develop a sophisticated end-to-end system for Financial Advisers, and drive adoption of modern methodologies like Scrum, TDD and Continuous Integration in the team.
If you are excited about all aspects of modern engineering, from writing great code, to creating architectures, designing components, interacting with clients and delivering a working system to production, then you are the kind of person we are looking for. If you enjoy freedom and responsibility, creative thinking, leading and mentoring others, then join our team of world-class developers, QA engineers, DevOps engineers, architects, and managers.
- Set the architectural direction, long-term vision, and guiding principles for the platform
- Assess project requirements and design architecture for the platform
- Define security and backup procedures
- Design conceptual and logical data models and flowcharts
- Design and set up database clusters, backup and recovery processes
- Design and develop new databases and tables
- Maintain and tune existing databases and tables
- Assess current implementation, enhance the code to maximize application efficiency
- Troubleshoot defects and perform system analysis to assist in solving technical and business-related problems/challenges
- Work in collaboration with onsite and offshore development teams
- Hands-on experience in designing database architecture from scratch
- Strong Oracle experience
- Ability to create complex queries
- Self-starter, proactive and collaborative person
- Solid verbal and written communication skills
Will be a plus
- Ability to performance tune queries for maximum performance
- Database design and implementation experience
- Java/Angular knowledge
- Opportunity to work on bleeding-edge projects
- Work with a highly motivated and dedicated team
- Competitive salary
- Medical insurance
- Benefits program
- Social package - medical insurance, sports
- Corporate social events
- Professional development opportunities
- Occasional travel to customer site in Florida, US
Grid Dynamics is the engineering services company known for transformative, mission-critical cloud solutions for retail, finance and technology sectors. We architected some of the busiest e-commerce services on the Internet and have never had an outage during the peak season. Founded in 2006 and headquartered in Menlo Park, California with offices throughout the US and Eastern Europe, we focus on big data analytics, scalable omni-channels.