We are looking for a DevOps Engineer who is responsible for the overall software design of many components within a system and can lead the technical implementation of multiple projects. Cloud Platform team is all about creating reusable services that operate in a high-scale, distributed ecommerce environment. The ideal candidate will have had experience in the high paced energy of startups as well as experience in the structured world of larger companies. This Engineer will need to have very strong cloud native microservices development experience, expertise in REST APIs, messaging techniques and be hands-on as needed as well as have some Big Data and NoSQL development experience. The successful applicant will work closely with Cloud and infra architects , technical Leads, software engineers, Operations, and Quality Assurance Engineers in a highly collaborative environment to provide quality software and solutions, while providing the necessary leadership to deliver releases on time and on budget. As a member of the cloud platform team, you will work on a dedicated team with devOps mindset, focused to create, maintain and evangelize high performance scalable service patterns for Macy’s digital domains such as Mobile, Website and Digital in Store. This person will architect core capabilities that scale and extend predictably in a multi-tenant environment.
- Researching and presenting innovative ideas to your colleagues and leadership to further our digital transformation and contribute to our commitment to continuously improve the enterprise hosting services.
- Familiarity with running software on public cloud platforms such as Google, Azure, Amazon etc.
- Works closely with development teams on architecture to accelerate delivery of our solutions.
- Actively involved in Cloud Engineering and improving our cloud footprint efficiently with cost awareness.
- Create and maintain a variety of environments from development to production.
- Familiarization with troubleshooting web-based applications.
- Migrate current application stacks from on-prem systems to public cloud platform.
- The ability to containerize applications where needed.
- The ability to work in a highly collaborative, open, and unclassified office work environment.
- Working with a team of talented engineers supporting CICD Tools hosted on-prem and in the cloud primarily GCP
- Proficient in administering CICD tools like Gitlab, Jenkins, Artifactory, Sonar, Anchore, Spinnaker, K8S Clusters, etc.
- Proficient in Linux administration and shell scripting
- Experience in working with config management tools like chef
- Experience in working with Terraform for provisioning Infrastructure as code
- Good knowledge of programming languages like Python or Groovy for automating and developing tools/scripts as needed and a keen eye for automation
- Experience with Groovy in writing Jenkins pipeline libraries and composing pipeline as code using scripted and declarative Jenkins pipelines
- Work on containerizing applications and maintain them in k8s clusters
- Expertise with Docker and K8S for building, migrating, and maintaining tools and applications as needed
- Developing features to enhance existing CI/CD pipelines and application workflows like implementing and enforcing security practices
- Working with spinnaker pipelines and integration of spinnaker pipelines with other tools
- Expertise in working with MySQL, Postgress, and NoSQL (Cassandra, mongoDB, Bigtable, etc.) used by the end customer facing applications and CICD Tools
- Implementing monitoring solutions to collect metrics, logs and create dashboards to improve observability using Prometheus, stackdriver, ELK etc.
- Onboarding development teams and services on our platform
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of system design for hosting services in cloud, secrets management and highly available system designs
- Ability to own tools at an SME level and provide support as needed
- Providing operational support in on-call rotation when needed for CICD tools and pipelines as needed
- Collaborating across teams to troubleshoot and solve issues on the platform
- 8+ years of experience · Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, or another related field
- Proficiency in one or more scripting languages such as bash, python, groovy, ruby etc.
- Experience with Linux machines, Centos and RHEL preferred
- Expertise with SCM and build automation tools such as Jenkins, Gitlab etc.
- Proficient with build tools such as maven and NodeJS
- Experience with iOS and Android CI is a plus
- Experience with CI process including builds, code analysis etc.
- Expertise with one or more public cloud platforms such as Google, Azure, Amazon etc., Google preferred
- Experience with Kubernetes, helm charts and spinnaker (or equivalent such as harness etc.)
- Ability to debug and fix system/infrastructure and application issues
- Experience working with monitoring tools such as Prometheus, Google stackdriver etc.
- Determine when and how to escalate issues to senior management, must be able to decide when and how to work with a variety of internal and external teams, and must be able to decide on best solutions for technical problems
- Able to effectively communicate across teams and roles.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven ability as a problem-solver.
- Strong estimating and planning skills.
- Ability and desire to thrive in a proactive, high-pressure, client-services environment.
Grid Dynamics is a leading provider of technology consulting, agile co-creation, scalable engineering, and data science services for Fortune 500 corporations undergoing digital transformation.
We work in close collaboration with our clients on digital transformation initiatives that span strategy consulting, early prototypes, and enterprise-scale delivery of new digital platforms. We help organizations become more agile and create innovative digital products and experiences using deep expertise in emerging technology, top global engineering talent, lean software development practices, and high-performance product culture.
Headquartered in Silicon Valley with over 2000 technologists located in engineering delivery centers throughout the US, Central, and Eastern Europe, Grid Dynamics has architected and delivered some of the most extensive digital transformation programs in the retail, technology and financial sectors to help its clients win market share, shorten time to market and reduce costs of digital operations on a massive scale.
To learn more about Grid Dynamics, visit www.griddynamics.com, or follow us on Twitter @GridDynamics.