Tacit Knowledge is a software solutions consultancy specializing in digital commerce, with roots in Silicon Valley. With offices in North America and Europe, we’re a community of diverse yet like-minded people who build software solutions for our clients. Working together, we solve tough problems for global brands and make technology a business enabler.
Since 2021 Tacit Knowledge has been part of Grid Dynamics, a global technology company that leverages the cloud, AI and Big Data to drive digital transformation for enterprise clients.
Tacit has over 200 staff across four offices - San Francisco, Mexico, Moldova and London. We serve customers in Europe, North America and Asia such as G-Star, Beauty Pie, Razer, Beaverbrooks the Jewellers, Ford, FitFlop, GHD, Wilko and LVMH.
About Front End Engineering team:
We are not just a team working on different projects, we are a community of frontend engineers who care a lot about code quality and best practices. We constantly discuss and debate our technology stack to establish a common vision on frontend architecture. Every engineer has a chance to contribute to architectural and UI/UX decisions, be it for a greenfield project or refactoring an existing one. We work with well-known brands so you'll have an opportunity to implement gorgeous visual designs. We also consider our duty to give back to the community by organizing a yearly internship program.
At Tacit Knowledge you will:
- Work on various eCommerce projects for well-known brands
- Work collaboratively in an Agile environment
- Write clean, reusable code using best practices
- Create elegant, responsive and interactive interfaces across multiple devices
- Embrace and advocate the use of the latest technologies and best practices with a focus on performance, compatibility and security
- Cooperate with back-end developers in the process of building the RESTful API
- Stay consistent with brand guidelines
- Solid knowledge of HTML5 and CSS3 web standards
- Experience writing unit tests
- Webpack, Babel
- Familiar with SASS and Responsive Design
- Experience using any CSS naming convention
- Solid understanding of Git
- Good understanding of SEO principles
- You are self-organised and can work autonomously
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency writing Vanilla JS (ES6)
- Proven experience building React-based apps
- Proven experience of being accountable for architectural decisions
- Experience optimizing web apps for performance and accessibility
- An eye for design and passion for exceptional user experiences
- Familiarity with tools and techniques such as continuous integration and automated testing
- Experience in eCommerce sector
- A brand new MacBook Pro, an additional 27’’ display and a large desk
- Training and conference budget
- Access to a large library of books
- Fortnightly catered Lunch n' Learns