Grid Dynamics is seeking a motivated Revenue Manager to join our growing team. This role will require someone who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter, who is just as comfortable working autonomously as with a team.
- Be responsible for global revenue recognition policy and technical revenue accounting positions
- Evaluate customer contracts to ensure that revenue is recognized accurately in accordance with accounting rules
- Key interface across sales, legal, operations and finance to facilitate customer contract review process
- Act as the primary technical accounting resource for the company by researching, resolving and documenting accounting issues that arise during contracts review
- Provide guidance to the cross-functional partners on the application of revenue recognition on new services that are being explored and how this would affect financial results and operations.
- Develop white paper or accounting memos to support Company’s position or policy election on revenue recognition issues under ASC606
- Oversee billing and collections team and collaborate with operations in timely processing of revenue transactions throughout the month and during month end close for revenue-related areas
- Manage the global revenue close process, including review of AR, unbilled receivables, unearned revenue, discounts; review and approval of revenue journal entries, revenue - related reconciliations, and other revenue related deliverables.
- Strong understanding of end-to-end process (including design, implementation or testing) of Order to cash process at small/mid-size public Company
- Participate in developing and maintaining strong internal controls, ensuring quality controls over revenue transactions and reporting
- Help prepare data and other support information requests as needed for audits and reviews conducted by external auditors
- Assist with preparation of the quarterly and annual required SEC filings as they relate to revenue
- Assist in various ongoing and ad-hoc projects or initiatives as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- CPA required
- 5+ years of public accounting
- Experience in reviewing and analyzing customer contracts to identify revenue-related issues for resolution and proper accounting treatment
- Strong understanding and demonstrated experience with current revenue recognition guidance ("ASC 606")
- Relevant SEC Reporting experience is a plus
- Strong technical skills, analytical with strong attention to detail
- Strong verbal/written communication skills
- Self-motivated individual
- Ability to meet deadlines and adjust quickly to changing priorities
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment
- Ability to identify key issues and offer practical solutions
- Must possess the high ethical standards
- NetSuite experience is a plus
What we offer:
- Work with a highly motivated and dedicated team
- Medical insurance
- Benefits program
- Corporate social events
- Professional development opportunities
NB: Placement and Staffing Agencies need not apply. At this moment, we are not able to process H1B transfers.
Grid Dynamics is an engineering services company known for transformative, mission-critical cloud solutions for the retail, finance, and technology sectors.
We architected some of the busiest e-commerce services on the Internet and have never had an outage during the peak season.
Founded in 2006 and headquartered in San Ramon, California with offices throughout the US and Eastern Europe, we focus on big data analytics, omnichannel services, DevOps, and cloud enablement.