The Delivery Director is accountable for a set of programs, managing existing client programs as well as shaping new ones from approach to outcome.
The position includes coordinating multiple projects and resource management within the program, stakeholder and sponsor communications, reporting, and engagement.
The primary purpose of the role is to lead, oversee and ensure the successful delivery within value, scope, quality, time and cost constraints that may be clearly defined upfront or may require dynamic and iterative scoping, delivery and change management (agile program management).
- Program approach - Lead the development of the overall approach for the (agile) program, its major outcomes over time and the definition of the means to deliver (incrementally) the desired outcomes
- Program artifacts - Direct the creation and maintenance of the required program documentation and artifacts
- Budget planning & control - Develop and control the program budget, and manages expenditure within agreed value delivery and spending plans
- Program governance - Establish and ensure appropriate governance functions for the program in accordance with enterprise policies, practices and on behalf of the executive sponsor
- Resource planning - Establish value delivery plan and resourcing for program and project activities and arrange for recruitment and assignment of project personnel to various outcomes and value delivery increments
- Risk management - Conduct risk assessment and mitigation
- Reporting - Establish standards and procedures for reporting
- Identifying customer needs and overseeing service delivery within the business context
- Leading the service delivery team, managing conflict, and ensuring the teams' processes and tasks are carried out efficiently.
- Determining ways to reduce costs without sacrificing customer satisfaction.
- Assessing customer feedback and using your creativity to establish, improve, and refine services.
- Building partnerships and liaising with team leaders to determine the company's services, delivery criteria, and solutions for issues that may arise.
8+ years of experience in the software engineering industry with at least 5 years in leadership or management positions.
Managed P&L and met the financial goals of the organisation
Experience in managing large enterprise project and team of 50+
Proven track record of creating and managing big globally distributed delivery team.
Excellent understanding and practical experience with modern project management methodologies and software engineering processes.
Track record of attracting and retaining top talent.
Excellent communication skills
- Result orientation, influence & impact
- Empowerment & accountability
- Team spirit, building relationships, collective accountability
- Strong leadership capability, executing as appropriate in the areas of responsibility
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to explain technology solutions in business terms, establish rapport and persuade others
- Experience in major cloud transformation programs in one or more of the following fields: application modernization, cloud data strategy, cloud based infrastructure (DevOps, CICD, etc.)
- Mandatory experience in regulated industries such as financial services, insurance or healthcare
What we offer:
Opportunity to work on bleeding-edge projects
Work with a highly motivated and dedicated team
Benefits package - medical insurance, sports
Corporate social events
Professional development opportunities
Placement and Staffing Agencies need not apply. We do not work with C2C at this time.
At this moment, we are not able to process H1B transfers. Applicants with CPT and OPT visas are welcome to apply.
Grid Dynamics (Nasdaq:GDYN) is a digital-native technology services provider that accelerates growth and bolsters competitive advantage for Fortune 1000 companies. Grid Dynamics provides digital transformation consulting and implementation services in omnichannel customer experience, big data analytics, search, artificial intelligence, cloud migration, and application modernization. Grid Dynamics achieves high speed-to-market, quality, and efficiency by using technology accelerators, an agile delivery culture, and its pool of global engineering talent. Founded in 2006, Grid Dynamics is headquartered in Silicon Valley with offices across the US, UK, Netherlands, Mexico, and Central and Eastern Europe.