Property Manager-Allston & Stadium
If you're looking for a short commute, this is it! Come live and work at one of our properties near UC Berkeley as our on-site Property Manager (housing is included with this position). As the Property Manager for Allston & Stadium you will manage the property plan and operating budget for two of our mid-sized, mixed-use, multi-family and commercial properties that sit within a short distance from each other. The position includes on-site housing.
Primary Responsibilities will include:
- Ensure resident retention and outstanding resident satisfaction by provide excellent customer service and managing the successful resolution of any/all resident concerns.
- Manage property’s financial performance as established in the annual operating budget, including overseeing and auditing financial records such as accounts receivable, accounts payable and resident ledgers.
- Responsible for revenue growth by managing occupancy, leasing and renewal activity, and maintaining in-depth knowledge of the local market.
- Leadership and management of site’s administrative functions, policy and procedure compliance, and the preparation of all reporting documentation including month end reporting, budgeting, re-forecasting, and recurring reporting as requested.
- Ensure property maintenance and operations meet the highest standards. This includes, but is not limited to, building projects, repairs, work orders, grounds, units and turnovers, etc.
- Partners closely with Marketing to ensure all on-site marketing needs are met.
- Monitor and ensure compliance with all Fair Housing regulations and local ordinances and laws.
- Supervising property staff through hiring, training, coaching and development as needed, ensuring a positive, productive working relationship with Green Cities and its affiliates.
If the following attributes describe you, we want to hear from you:
- Working knowledge of MS Office Suite, including Outlook, Excel and Word, with the ability to easily navigate the internet.
- Customer focus – dedication to meeting the expectations, needs and requirements of internal and external customers, successfully gaining their trust and respect.
- Ability to successfully build rapport with residents, gaining their trust and respect quickly and easily.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills (in English), allowing for clear and succinct communication in a variety of settings (phone, in-person and email), and with people of various backgrounds and levels, both internally and externally.
- Ability to follow-up on, and follow through with, multiple tasks.
- Ability to maintain composure under pressure.
- Ability to work successfully both independently and with others, building professional working relationships based on mutual trust and respect.
- Strong planning and organizing skill, with the ability to efficiently manage administrative elements of property manage, including maintaining accurate files and records.
- Ability to think and respond quickly, successfully resolving problems in a timely manner and with limited direction.
- Working knowledge of eviction law, Fair Housing mandates and other legal issues affecting property management.
- Familiarity with Yardi management software.
- A high school diploma or equivalent required; an Undergraduate Degree preferred.
- Minimum two years of experience in the field of property management at a medium to large Class A property is required.
- Minimum one year of experience managing a team.
- Experience managing a team required.
- Experience with sustainable building management preferred.
- Certified Apartment Manager (CAM) License a plus.
About The Green Cities Company
The Green Cities Company (formerly Gerding Edlen) has driven innovation in real estate investment management for over a decade through the confluence of environmental, social and investment value. With this forward-thinking strategy and fully integrated in-house expertise, the firm acquires, manages, and develops office, mixed-use and multi-family assets. Deep experience in select U.S. markets, combined with meaningful attention to ESG considerations, positions The Green Cities Company for enhanced tenant retention and superior operations. This differentiated approach, along with disciplined risk management, encompasses the environmental footprint of an asset, the diversity and inclusivity of its community, and the wellbeing and fulfillment of its occupants and neighbors. Each member of the team is dedicated to a resilient investment portfolio that yields results to the firm’s investors, employees, tenants, and communities. Green Investing, Redefined.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The job description listed above is representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
To request accommodations during the application and hiring process, please e-mail [email protected]
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing a full suite of benefits to eligible employees, including medical and dental insurance, 401k match, and subsidized parking and public transportation. If interested, submit your resume and cover letter via the link provided.