WHO YOU ARE
First and foremost, you’re like us: a positive monster. We’re not just giving you a job, we’re inviting you into our community. That's why it's important for you to fit into our team. We already assume you’re a qualified professional and you’re passionate about what you do. You love taking responsibility and are good at balancing priorities. You’re happy to go on a journey that takes you out of your comfort zone. You love to challenge the status quo and are constantly coming up with big ideas. You will sometimes need to find quick solutions. And most importantly, you’re an inspiring human being who likes to be surrounded by them.
Ask yourself honestly: does this sound like you? If so, read on.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Deliver day-to-day bookkeeping from day one – You’re ready to jump straight in and take control of day-to-day accounting tasks such as processing incoming and outgoing invoices, booking bank accounts, carrying out account reconciliation and preparing and executing the payment run. You can master all these (and more) general accounting activities with ease. You’ll support the Senior Accounting Manager with the processes of accounts receivable and accounts payable accounting and help identify optimization potential in process handling.
- Bring experience with you – You’ve already successfully completed training as an accountant, a tax clerk, office clerk, industrial clerk, wholesale and retail merchant or have equivalent commercial training. You’ve also had some hands-on experience in the field of accounting in a business environment. You’ve got a talent for tax and accountancy and an interest in business. You’re also committed to learning more about German tax law, especially VAT, and want to get hands-on with external returns such as advance returns for tax on sales/purchases.
- Have a thirst for knowledge – You’re ready to make a big step in your career and are looking to further your professional and personal development. You have a can-do, hungry attitude and are ready to do some dirty work to learn about all aspects of accounting. You will gain invaluable professional experience, for example, by supporting the creation of the month, quarter and year-end closings.
- Be your own boss, but no lone ranger – The idea of being responsible for your own projects excites you. You have a very structured, solution-oriented and independent way of working and can be relied upon to get things done on time and with accuracy. Yet you’re also a key member of the team and need to impress with your clear communication skills.
- Support the digitalisation and automisation of processes and structures – You’re an enthusiastic digital native who believes in automisation. You love optimizing processes and structures – especially in the areas of controlling, finance and accounting – and can support in the development and integration of cross-sectional competencies such as IT and cost engineering.
- Support the operational business – You’ll support the Senior Accounting Manager in preparing accounts which will need to be shown to stakeholders, including management, shareholders, the tax office and investors. You’ll also support in the preparation of monthly and annual financial statements, including the monitoring of the annual audit in close coordination with balance sheet accounting.
- Identify cost-saving potential – You will be working closely with the Senior Accounting Manager who is responsible for all national and international accounting processes and the implementation of efficient accounting processes and systems. You will passionately support the promotion of efficiency goals, identifying cost saving potentials and managing improvement projects, and your solution-oriented attitude will be invaluable to the team.
- Be brilliant with numbers – All in all, you will impress with your ability to understand numbers. This talent will shine through in all the work you do and will ensure the accounting department can deliver accurately on a daily, monthly and annual basis.
Can I send my application by e-mail?
No, applications by e-mail are not processed. We have set up our job portal for this purpose, where you can apply for a job with us. There we keep an overview and can guarantee that all applications will be processed. Therefore we ask you to refrain from sending us applications by e-mail.
Does the application have to be in English?
As we are in the process of internationalizing, you will only find our job advertisements in English. However, you can decide for yourself whether you want to write your application in English or German. We are especially interested in the person behind the application - so both the personal and the professional side are important to us.
Is it possible to work only in your home office (remote)?
No, unfortunately it is not possible to work only from home. Since we all work closely together across departments, the general presence in the office is more effective for everyone. You can work very well on our three floors of light-flooded loft office - promised! But it is, of course, possible to work from home on individual days. All that is required is a brief consultation with your team.
Is it possible to do job shadowing at Greator?
Due to our many appointments, we cannot guarantee a fair accompaniment for job shadowing.
Can I complete a dual course of studies at Greator?
No, currently this is not possible with us. But please have a look at our job page. Maybe there is an open position for you.
Can I write my Master's or Bachelor's thesis with you?
Unfortunately, we do not currently offer you the opportunity to write your Master's or Bachelor's thesis with us.
Do you offer trainee positions or can I do professional training with you?
No, we currently don’t offer trainee positions or professional trainings at Greator. But you are welcome to have a look at our job page. Maybe there is an open position for you.
How long does an internship with you last?
An internship lasts at least 6 months, both for compulsory internships and voluntary internships.
Do you offer student jobs?
No, unfortunately, we do not offer any working student jobs at the moment.
Does Greator have any other locations besides Cologne?
Currently our only location is in the beautiful Belgian Quarter in Cologne.
Where can I send an unsolicited application?
You can find the sentence "If you don't see a role that fits your profile, then apply with our General Application" on our open positions page. There you can click on "General Application" and send us your unsolicited application.
Do I also need a cover letter?
A cover letter is not mandatory for us. However, it does give you the opportunity to tell us a little more about yourself. This way we can get to know you better in advance and find out why you have applied to us.
Is it possible to work as a coach with you?
No. We do not offer coaching positions at Greator. The coaches and speakers we work with work on an independent basis.
How does the application process work?
Our application process consists of several steps. After the screening of your application, a first telephone interview with a member of the Human Resources department takes place. Here we can see if your values match ours and if they fit into our team culture. In addition, the first general conditions, such as your probationary period and period of notice, are agreed upon. Afterward, you will have a second telephone interview with a hiring manager who will test your professional knowledge more intensively. If both telephone interviews are positive, a personal interview day will be organized at our headquarters in Cologne. On this day you will get to know four employees from different departments. Finally, there will be a final interview with our managing director Alexander Müller.
Can I visit you personally in advance to get an impression of the team and the premises?
Unfortunately that is not possible. If you have any questions in advance, you can always send us an e-mail or arrange a telephone call. We will gladly take the time to answer your questions.
Where can I contact by telephone if I have questions (e.g. about a specific job advertisement)?
Please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will get in touch with you to arrange a joint call.
Which application documents do you need?
We definitely need a meaningful resume from you. Optionally you can enclose a letter of motivation, certificates, and references. If you have one, your LinkedIn account is also good information to include.