Site Reliability Engineer (m/f/d)
WHO YOU ARE
First and foremost, you’re like us: a positive monster. We’re not just giving you a job, we’re inviting you into our community. That's why it's important for you to fit into our team. We already assume you’re a qualified professional and you’re passionate about what you do. You love taking responsibility and are good at balancing priorities. You’re happy to go on a journey that takes you out of your comfort zone. You love to challenge the status quo and are constantly coming up with big ideas. You will sometimes need to find quick solutions. And most importantly, you’re an inspiring human being who likes to be surrounded by them.
Ask yourself honestly: does this sound like you? If so, read on.
Site Reliability Engineering combines software and systems engineering to build and run distributed fault-tolerant systems. SRE ensures that Greator’s services have reliability, uptime appropriate to users' needs, and a fast rate of improvement.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Engage and improve – You are responsible for the whole lifecycle of services — from inception and design, deployment, operation, and refinement. We are working with Amazon Web Services (AWS) as our cloud provider of choice utilizing mostly serverless computing. Experience with infrastructure as code tools like terraform and knowledge of AWS services is a must.
- Maintain live services – You will be measuring and monitoring availability, latency, and overall system health.
- Scale up – Scale systems sustainably through mechanisms like automation; evolve systems by pushing for changes that improve reliability and velocity.
- Learn from every incident – Practice sustainable incident response and blameless postmortems.
- Take responsibility – Be and advocate for an operations thinking mindset by advising and encouraging our feature development team to remain accountable for site reliability.
- Live a DevOps mindset – You’ll do more than just follow orders. You’ll be one of many brains looking at complex tasks. You’ll be advising and encouraging our feature development team to also be accountable for site reliability.
- Play Champions League – You need to lever your knowledge to create a winning team. Extract every inch of potential, together. The team is responsible for its success. Know your role, apply discipline, and innovate ways to keep us, and you, at the top of the game.
- Personal and professional development – You’re passionate about personal and professional development. You not only want to help customers take their lives to the next level, but you also want the same for yourself. You never want to stop learning.