Director, Customer Experience
This role provides a unique opportunity for a skilled and experienced customer experience leader to grow and manage the Customer Experience team within the Digital Center of Excellence at Genuine Parts Company (GPC). Based in Atlanta, this leader will be a key member of Digital Center of Excellence leadership team reporting to the Senior Vice President, Global Digital. This role will lead by evolving the vision, direction, priorities, standards, operations, and overseeing initiative execution for digital customer experience, digital user experience and creative design across Genuine Parts Company.
- Participate as a leader in the Digital Center of Excellence. This group provides digital leadership, governance and program management, research, evangelization, resources, strategic and operational support, and infrastructure for a variety of digital capabilities (e.g. eCommerce, Digital Marketing, Customer Experience, Product Discovery, Digital Program Delivery, Analytics, and overall Solution Development) delivered through a combination of internal and external resources.
- Sets the global digital customer experience vision and strategy and leads Customer Experience (CX) operations
- Drives continual evolution and enhancement of the digital customer experience
- Provides expertise on current digital best practices, competitive opportunities, and innovation
- Defines and prioritizes features and functions to improve the global digital customer experience in partnership with Product Managers in the organization
- Oversees and drives customer research, personas, user scenarios, user journeys, navigation structures, sitemaps, user flows, wireframes, heuristic assessments
- Manages and facilitates creation of cross-channel personas
- Oversees creative, concepts, creative briefs, & style guides, storyboards, screen designs, functional templates & prototypes
- Leads User Interface design and development including oversight of designers and front-end development
- Works with the Channel Management team to develop and evolve content strategy, standards, copywriting, messaging strategies, best practices and processes.
- Oversees management of digital design agencies where appropriate
- Collaborate with the business and IT teams responsible for eCommerce and the day-to-day business operations across the enterprise, and drive profitable growth in key performance indicators (e.g. sales, conversion/return rate, new/repeat buyers, abandonment, average order, units per order, average margin, and customer service requests/resolution time).
- Work with the team responsible for Digital Marketing and the day-to-day business operations across the enterprise, and drive profitable growth in key performance indicators (e.g. ROI, customer acquisition/retention, traffic, goal conversion, end action rate, keyword performance, cost per lead, customer lifetime value/profitability, social interactions).
- Deliver a branded online experience representative of the customer's offline experience and that takes that engagement to the next level by understanding the needs and expectation of the online, multi-channel and offline consumer.
- Rigorously monitor competitor activities and industry trends in order to take preemptive and responsive actions as appropriate.
- Establish a test and learn culture, implement the capability, and organize teams and projects around the concept
- Working with other digital leaders, continually evolve and enhance the digital customer experience (e.g. design, creative, functionality, content, messaging, etc.) to improve customer acquisition, engagement, conversion, and retention.
- Validate and revise, as necessary, current digital standards and policies. Ensure compliance and recommend changes to corporate and industry standards and policies.
- Seven plus years of broad B2B and B2C digital customer experience ideally in a large global enterprise environment with multiple subsidiaries and a proven track record of delivering business growth.
- Seven plus years of experience managing user experience design work efforts including wireframing, journey mapping, prototyping, user experience research, and other efforts OR similar experience managing user interface design work processes
- Five years of team leadership experience leading a global digital team, including responsibility for talent and performance management within a division or large department.
- Three plus years of industry experience in the automotive parts, industrial parts, office products and/or electrical materials industries a plus
- Proven ability to operate effectively in a highly matrixed environment with competing priorities.
- Business/Marketing degree, and M.B.A. preferred.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Excellent senior-level executive with cross-cultural communication skills and a proven ability to communicate complex ideas and processes in a simplified manner to individuals unfamiliar with subject material.
- Broad working knowledge of digital leading practices along with the specific knowledge of ecommerce, mobile, digital marketing, and analytics solutions.
- Strong blend of commercial and technical skills with the ability to synthesize relevant information and make key decisions.
- Expertise in customer experience strategy including customer research and persona development, digital interaction design, visual design, usability best practices and standards, mobile design and usability techniques, content strategy, and web analytics
- Experience working in a multi-vendor environment with distributed development activities
- Strong understanding of the design and architecture of ecommerce and high transaction volume systems.
- Proven ability to develop a clear and concise business case and to deliver results through collaboration
- Excellent effort estimation, forecasting and budgeting skills
Genuine Parts Company (GPC) is a service organization engaged in the distribution of automotive replacement parts, industrial replacement parts, office products and electrical/electronic materials. Our products and services are offered through a network of over 2,000 operations, geographically located across the United States, Canada and Mexico.
With over 80 years of distribution expertise, our well-positioned, regionally located distribution centers provide us with the unique ability to adapt our product and service lines to better suit our customers' needs. GPC's commitment and reputation for just-in-time service position us as a critical partner in our customers' success.
GPC began to diversify its product lines over 30 years ago into several end-markets with strong growth opportunities. Although each product is unique, we have leveraged more than 80 years of distribution know-how to manage these businesses the GPC way - continually improving operating and distribution efficiencies.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.