Administrative Assistant - HQ
Provides administrative support by conducting research, preparing statistical reports, handling information requests, and performing clerical functions such as preparing correspondence, receiving visitors, arranging conference calls, and scheduling meetings.
- The following section contains the primary responsibilities for this position. Job holder is responsible for performing any other duties as assigned by management.
- List the significant activities that support that function, for instance manage the annual store audit process. Where possible use language that ties the job back to the company mission and vision.
- Coordinates and arranges business meetings, prepares agendas, reserves and prepares meeting facilities as needed.
- Manages all travel arrangements and scheduling.
- Answers calls and handles requests from various clients as needed.
- Organizes and maintains filing system and performs other clerical duties as needed.
- Writes, edits, and produces documents including general correspondence, presentations, and speeches.
- Assures effective circulation of information such as processing incoming/outgoing mail, phone calls and email follow-up, etc.
- Processes expense accounts/reports.
- Provides all clients with timely and efficient follow-up.
- High School Diploma or equivalent work experience required.
- At least 1 year experience providing administrative support in an office environment.
- Proficient computer skills and in-depth knowledge of relevant software such as MS Office Suite.
- Knowledge of standard office administrative practices and procedures.
- Able to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Possesses a high degree of professionalism and high character (always dealing fairly with employees, vendors and customers).
- Possesses excellent multi-tasking and organizational skills and pay close attention to details.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate (possessing strong written and verbal interpersonal skills).
- Demonstrated self-starter (proactive, taking initiative), have a strong sense of urgency to accomplish all company goals.
- Able to handle demanding deadlines, mange time effectively, prioritize tasks and follow-up as necessitated.
- Must have considerable knowledge of general office procedures, practices and equipment.
- Work is performed in a typical office environment
GPC believes the fair and equitable treatment of employees, customers, suppliers and other persons is critical to fulfilling its vision and goals. GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC’s policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.