- Automotive Group
- Industrial Group
- Career Areas
- Working Here
- Social Impact
- Students & Grads
The Automation Engineer provides design data and integrated systems for collaborative robot systems and other 'light' automation in addition to providing production support for ValuManufacturing (VM) projects in alignment with strategy. Motion Industries offers an excellent benefits package which includes options for healthcare coverage, 401(k), tuition, reimbursement, vacation, sick, and holiday pay.
• Delivers solutions for integrated robotic systems and associate services.
• Evaluates applications for viability, considering risk, complexity and conflict with other SI channels.
• Increases division revenue and market scope through identifying additional markets, solutions, and services.
• Oversees build costs, ensuring delivery of systems as budgeted, achieving profit margin rates as built.
• Develops standard system packages to target high potential vertical markets.
• Oversees system build and delivery, ensures delivery of quality systems, and customer satisfaction.
• Schedules production of jobs in collaboration with the VM Production Supervisor and Sales Coordinator to meet deadlines.
• Responds to customer requests for quote changes.
• Confirms detailed draw and delivery dates with the customer.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Typically requires a bachelor's degree in electrical or mechanical engineering and one (1) to three (3) years of related experience or an equivalent combination.
• High degree of analytical and mechanical/electrical understanding.
• Highly effective verbal and written communicator.
GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC's policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.