- Automotive Group
- Industrial Group
- Career Areas
- Working Here
- Social Impact
- Students & Grads
Customer Service Supervisor
Under limited supervision, the Customer Service Supervisor oversees the daily planning
and tasks of the Customer Service Representatives. This role allocates work and provides
feedback to the Customer Service Representatives.
• Observes, ask questions, and coaches employees to detect variations and improve
quality and productivity measures. Put corrective actions in place.
• Identifies training needs and conducts training on operating procedures and other work
• Maintains a high level of communication with internal departments (e.g., Purchasing,
Accounts Receivable) and coordinate with Outside Sales, Operations, and division
leadership to achieve division goals.
• Create and/or improve department processes in conjunction with other areas. Facilitate
change. Utilize lean tools and methodology.
• Provide assistance and guidance to Customer Service Representatives and Account
• Facilitate communications on inquiries and orders; expedite orders/quotes; update
customers as needed.
• Coordinates approval on pricing levels that deviate from system pricing and RMA/CM
• Ensures Customer Service Representatives follows ISO/quality guidelines and manages
• Provides buy/sell guidance on non-stock inquiries.
• Performs the duties of a Customer Service Represenative at times for customer
• Performs other duties as assigned
• Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
Typically requires a bachelor's degree and three (3) to five (5) years of related experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
• Leadership, communication, relationship and people management skills required
• Analytical and mathematic skills required
• Financial acumen required
• Reliability, organization and attention to detail required
• Customer relations skills including but not limited to skillful listening, presentation, strong
critical thinking and problem solving
Excellent benefits, culture and perks !
GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC's policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.