The .net Architect is a pivotal member of the team that develops and sustains architecture for application and reporting to support the business needs. Builds architectural and design standards and ensures their adherence and consistency across all IT solutions. Leads the technical implementation of application solutions t provide the best applications to meet the business requirements. Takes ownership of tasks and helps lead and mentor other team members.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provides architectural direction and monitors its adherence for .NET applications.
- Lead high level design and technical architecture activities to define overall .NET software design, including requirements reviews, architectural proof of concepts and creation of design artifacts.
- Responsible for design, coding, testing, debugging, implementing, analyze & maintaining .NET applications.
- Implement policy and standards relating to the design, creation, security & recovery of .NET applications.
- Provide expertise and thought leadership to architect solutions that provide appropriate levels of performance, scalability, reliability, and cost efficiency.
- Optimizes, tunes, and utilizes best practices in existing applications to enhance application performance.
- Performs technology assessments on new and upcoming technologies and provides the
- Adhere to project management methodology and standards.
- Communicate with management staff on a timely & regular basis.
- Work with Business Analysts and technical staff to develop and finalize requirements and deliver technological solutions.
- Participate in the testing process through test script development, unit and system test execution, test reviews and analysis.
- Test application components to assess whether the solution meets the reliability, performance, capacity, scalability, and technical requirements.
- Conduct code reviews, as required.
- Provides technical support for user issues; troubleshoots problems and takes corrective action on a timely, effective basis.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to adapt quickly to fast-paced changing environments and priorities.
- Motivation to take ownership of tasks and the determination to drive them to completion.
- In-dept knowledge of web standards and best practices (development and support)
- Provide tactical environment designs that can meet current needs, but also have the flexibility to scale and adapt to future business requirements.
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent objectives, projects, or activities.
- Self-motivated, resourceful, independent, and eager to learn new technologies.
- Experience with web service standards (SOAP, UDDI, WSDL, REST)
- Understanding of common web protocols (e.g., TCP/IP, HTTP/S, etc.)
- Familiarity with web APIs and development frameworks.
- In-dept knowledge of Web Application .NET and MVC programming methodology
- Hands-on experience with .NET, C#, MVC
- Familiar with using version control.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Must possess excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Experience in production support, release management, ROI proposals and IT System Implementation.
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
- Must be detail-oriented, extremely organized, and have strong presentation skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, MIS, or equivalent education and work experience.
- 8+ years of Enterprise Application Development experience
- 8+ years of object-oriented design and development experience
- 8+ years of experience with development products in assigned area
- Ability to work on all phases of complex application assignments
- 5+ years of experience with HTML/XHTML and CSS
- 4+ years of experience with MVC frameworks
- 3+ years of experience with XML and XSL/XSLT
- 3+ years of experience working with relational database systems such as MySQL or Oracle and a good working knowledge of SQL
- Participated in full life cycle development including design, development, implementation, documentation, training, and on-going support for enterprise level applications
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in written form.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, proportions, and percentages. Understanding of basic algebra.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Ability to organize and prioritize.
Knowledge of Web Development tools
Supervisory Responsibilities: None.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
The noise level in the environment is moderate.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 10 pounds. The vision requirements include: close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and ability to adjust focus.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.