Digital Intern, Engineering
Ready for a challenging and rewarding internship? This is your opportunity to work hands on with the leading automotive parts company and unleash your technology skills to move our business forward!
The Digital Engineering team at GPC is offering an Internship for a talented, curious and enthusiast graduate level student. As part of the group, you will be working with data science team to apply critical thinking and technical Digital e-commerce skills to explore strategic business opportunities and prescribe actionable recommendations to the business.
As a Digital Engineering intern at GPC, you will include run and maintain operations related to multiple GPC and APG e-commerce websites. This includes some monitoring, administration (windows and linux), networking, etc. experience. There will also be certain tools that will be used in order to achieve the previously mentioned responsibilities – it is expected that knowledge of these tools will be learned on the job. There will also be many soft skills expected as the work will often involve multiple other teams. Ability to communicate and document well will be required.
Expose the student to the environment and expectations of performance on the part of a Digital Center of Excellence in a complex and matrixed environment. Finally, expose the student(s) to professional role models or mentors who will provide an example of the behaviors expected in the workplace.
Responsibilities & Projects:
- Develop hypothesis, and provide exploratory analysis, data mining, and machine learning techniques to identify strategic business opportunity
- Work on large scale data set
- Interact with internal team to sell new ideas and elicit feedback
- Currently pursuing a graduate level degree in Computer Science, Cyber Security, Information Systems, etc. with a min 3.00 GPA
- Certifications (A+, Network+, MCP, CCNA, etc.) a plus
- Experience using programming language
- Results-oriented, forward-thinking, confident graduate student
- Effective written, verbal and presentation skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong research, analytical, problem-solving and decision making capabilities
- Ability to be flexible, multi-task, prioritize, and manage multiple activities simultaneously in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Strong team player with the ability to take initiative and work well independently
- Strong MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint knowledge
- Possess a willingness and ability to learn new concepts, methodologies, and tools
- Be goal oriented, committed and persistent to carry out assigned duties
- Ability to handle stressful situations
- Demonstrates professional business etiquette
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.