Director of Product
Director of Product
The Director of Product plays a pivotal role in the future of Motion Industries. The Director will be responsible for the technical vision and development of the product offering. The Director will be managing product sales managers, engineers, the Industry 4.0 team and technical resources, and collaborating with the marketing and support teams, as well as providing the overall company vision for the product roadmap. Motion Industries offers an excellent benefits package which includes options for healthcare coverage, 401(k), tuition, reimbursement, vacation, sick, and holiday pay.
- Develops and implements business strategy for different product categories. Engages with pricing team to help develop cost, revenue, and benefits models.
- Involves customers to help set the strategy to ensure customer value. Runs sessions with product team and sales support team to align strategy. Understands where key investment decisions need to be made, including which products to move away from and which ones to invest in.
- Communicates business strategy to entire organization and direction for product.
- Develops and manages Industry 4.0 initiatives. Develops and implements strategy for IIoT and other Industry 4.0 initiatives.
- Works with Mi-IT on refinement of enterprise solutions. Works with Mi Marketing to develop appropriate collateral to support our Industry 4.0 initiatives
- Routinely engages branches and customers to foster strong relationships and maintains customer satisfaction. Works closely with suppliers and intercompany departments.
- Collaborates well with cross-functional teams to accomplish multiple assignments and deliverables. Creates an environment that supports culture change within the organization.
- Manages a team of professional employees including, but not limited to: product sales managers, engineers, Industry 4.0 team, and technical resources. Collaborates with the marketing and support teams, as well as provides the overall company vision for the product roadmap.
- Participates in ongoing education, as well as related associations to expand knowledge of current and future technologies. Researches, listens, and engages in activities to improve insights and gain knowledge.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Typically requires a bachelor's degree and ten (10) years of related industrial distribution or manufacturing experience, including leadership roles in a company of substantial size and complexity. Requires three (3) or more years of project management and supervisory experience.
- Motivated, hard-working, detailed and results-oriented self-starter with ability to communicate effectively to a wide range of audiences in both written and verbal form. Works well with limited direction.
- Critical thinking and problem solving ability required. Must be able to synthesize findings from analysis and draw conclusions.
- Skilled in problem resolution and providing best-practices solutions. Ability to design and implement processes.
- Requires technical knowledge and expertise in Motion Industries core product categories.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.