Senior Director, Strategic Communications
Primary focus of this role is to design content and disciplined processes to execute internal communication efforts that enhance and accelerate GPC strategic priorities. Create assessments of target audiences, understand communication intent and purpose, develop compelling content and execute via optimal delivery channels. Utilize data to analyze messaging effectiveness and prioritize highest impact activities. Support C-level presentation content [and other communications initiatives] for internal and external audiences.
The following section contains the primary responsibilities for this position. The [Director], Strategic Communications is responsible for performing any other duties as assigned by management.
- Develop and execute internal communications strategy to reinforce and accelerate GPC strategic priorities including business transformation intent, objectives and progress.
- Create and execute a disciplined process, schedule and operating cadence for internal communications.
- Develop content for C-level presentations [and other communications] for internal and external audiences.
- Partner with corporate executives to develop communications associated with team alignment changes.
- Partner to align with current associate/HR related communication strategies.
- Partner closely with investor relations to align internal and external messaging.
- Develop and execute GPC’s multi-year social media strategy.
- Develop strong collaborative relationships across the global business to coordinate communication efforts.
- Create benchmarks and performance metrics to track communication effectiveness progress.
- Bachelor's degree required. Master's degree preferred.
- 10+ years of experience in internal and/or external communications, public relations and social media.
- Proven track record of flawless C-level communications support that drove cultural and commercial impact.
- Exceptional written communication skills with versatility to adjust style and tone based on author/audience.
- Ability to understand and capture strategic intent of communication and link to GPC strategic imperative.
- Ability to proofread, including one’s own work, to deliver flawless work product.
- Highly skilled in PowerPoint with relevant expertise in digital and social media.
- Works in highly team-oriented capacity partnering closely with business unit and functional teammates.
- Embodies self-starter, problem solver and able to successfully manage multiple workflows
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.