The Cost Finance Manager will support our Merchandising business partners by providing high quality analytics and supporting documentation to support in supplier negotiations. The primary objective of this role is to support the Cost Finance Director in facilitating and leading supplier negotiations. In this role, the individual will analyze product costs, vendor financial performance, product engineering, supply chain, and store operations to identify potential savings on the products we sell.
- Develops relationships with Category Managers and deep understandings of business dynamics.
- Works in collaboration with Procurement and Pricing to help drive negotiations with suppliers to improve company margins.
- Conducts daily cost analysis, which will include: (a) commodity trending, (b) supplier rebate & discount agreements (c) supplier profitability, (d) market justification, (e) bid analysis
- Develops executive-level presentations that summarize analysis & financial impact to business of cost adjustments.
- Reports out to all levels of management including senior leadership of the department.
- Accountable for accuracy, thoroughness, thought process, timeliness and viability of recommendations.
- Supports end-to-end Supplier Cost Change approval process through robust cost justification analysis
- Partners with Procurement on Supplier Tenders via bid analysis and cost justification analysis
- Works alongside pricing team to leverage market justification to further support supplier cost justification case
- Ensures operational processes and procedures are compliant with established policies
- Works in conjunction with Category Managers to optimize productivity across all categories via cost-out opportunity
- Evaluates long term historical cost trends of associated commodities across in-scope categories, understanding both headwinds and tailwinds in negotiations with existing/prospective suppliers
- Establishes executive level reporting of categorical product cost analytics to better assist Category Team & Procurement in determining most strategic supplier partnerships
- Uses of BI tools and other data sources and monitor weekly and monthly trends - identifies and implements corrective actions quickly
- Develops and implements strategies based on customer segmentation
- Ensures rational, fact-based decisions on commercial pricing
- Other duties as assigned
Experience, Education, and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance/Business Administration or in field-related studies, MBA a plus
- 3-5 years of work experience in Finance, Supply Chain, or accounting
- Proficient with business intelligence tools to analyze big data and reach rational business decisions
- Experience in Procurement, Global Sourcing, a plus
- Computer programming experience, a plus
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to conduct financial analysis
- Identify relevant missing data and work with BI team to integrate for future analysis
- Superior Excel proficiency
- Strong communication, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good planning and organizational skills to balance and prioritize work; possesses a sense of urgency
- Ability to interact effectively with customer and company employees at all levels of the organization
- Ability to make formal presentations to a variety of audiences on a variety of work-related topics
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
Where permitted by applicable law, successful applicants must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to start date. COVID-19 vaccination is a condition of employment, subject to an approved accommodation, and proof of vaccination will be required on or prior to start date.
GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC's policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.