Human Resources Internship - Summer 2020
Are you ready to spend your summer as a part of something special? Imagine being with a company whose reputation for excellence paves the way for endless success. At Genuine Parts Company (GPC), people build long-lasting, highly satisfying careers and make a real difference in the community.
GPC has been driving success for over 90 years due to a family of 50,000+ dedicated, intelligent, and innovative employees. But this is the best part – all our businesses throughout the world emphasize the growth and development of our team members by providing opportunities for mentorship and advancement.
This is the ideal role for a student who is searching for challenging and exciting projects, professional growth, and fun networking opportunities with a Fortune 200 company. As an HR Intern at GPC, you’ll have the opportunity to support company-wide initiatives regarding compensation, training programs, and recruitment while learning about a global distribution organization.
This is the right opportunity for you if you:
- Enjoy working with people and problem-solving in an information-sensitive environment
- Thrive and excel with challenging deadlines and managing multiple priorities
- Want to learn how a global leader in the distribution of automotive parts, industrial parts, and office products operates day-to-day
A day in the life:
- Support the Human Resources Manager with the recruiting and onboarding tasks
- Review existing processes within Human Resources and research ways to streamline
- Providing administrative support for various HR functions
- Support HR reporting
- Assist with various projects as needed (learning and development, employee relations, performance management, HR reporting, etc.)
What’s in it for you:
- Participate in biweekly Lunch and Learn events with company leaders
- Attend a Braves game and volunteer time with fellow interns
- Explore the history of the company through a three-day orientation, complete with a tour of the Atlanta Distribution Center
- Present your summer project to fellow interns and GPC executives
What You’ll Need:
- Currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program, seeking degree in Human Resources or related field
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
And if you have this, even better:
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience with business communication
- Prior work or academic experience in Human Resources
Why GPC may just be the right place for you:
- Stable Fortune 200 company with a “family” culture
- Environment that works hard, yet takes care of employees
- Opportunity for accessing multiple career paths
- Ongoing training and development, with support from leaders and your team
Additional Information for you:
GPC has great careers for people with all backgrounds and interests. So, if after reading this, you don’t think this is the perfect fit for you, check out the list of the other opportunities we have at jobs.genpt.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.